NDSU Ag Communication staff were recognized for their work at the Association for Communication Excellence (ACE) conference June 14-16 in New Orleans.
Scott Swanson, electronic media specialist, received a Pioneer Award for contributions in his work and to ACE in his first 10 years of membership. Swanson is the ACE state representative for NDSU, has presented at several ACE conferences and has won numerous critique and awards honors. At NDSU, Swanson works with faculty and staff in all phases of video, audio and distance education production.
Becky Koch, Ag Communication director, received the Service Award for her work as ACE treasurer. Elizabeth Cronin, Ag Comm administrative assistant, created a spreadsheet that gives the organization a much clearer picture of its finances, and Koch uses that tool and others to make financial recommendations.
NDSU staff also were recognized during the Critique and Awards program:
• Kelli Armbruster, Bruce Sundeen and Swanson received the silver award in audio programs and spots for Sound Ag Advice.
• Koch, Swanson, Armbruster, Sundeen, Bob Bertsch, Sonja Fuchs and Ellen Crawford received the silver award in educational packages for Virtual Communication Camp.
• Koch received the bronze award in best innovative use of communication technology for the Small Business Disaster Plan app and the bronze for targeted publications for the Fruits and Vegetables Ag Mag.
NDSU staff also presented these breakout sessions:
• Swanson and Sundeen – “Video Shooting Tips: Bump Up the Quality” that featured a video teaching others how to shoot higher quality videos.
• Koch – “Are You Ready? Small Business Disaster Plan Video, Program and App” that featured the app and Extension Disaster Education Network resources.
In addition, Swanson was elected chair of the electronic media learning community, and Armbruster serves on the membership committee.
As a student-focused, land-grant, research university, we serve our citizens.