An NDSU faculty member and several alumni have been named to Prairie Business magazine’s 2017 40 Under 40 list. The publication annually recognizes 40 top business professionals under the age of 40 in the northern Great Plains.
Jeremy Straub, assistant professor of computer science and associate director of the NDSU Institute for Cyber Security Education and Research, was one of only two university faculty to make the list. He conducts research related to autonomous systems and cybersecurity, including spacecraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, robots and self-driving vehicles.
“I’m honored to be recognized by Prairie Business magazine as part of this exceptional group, Straub said. “I’d like to thank everyone who has participated in all the different projects that have contributed to me being selected for this award.”
NDSU alumni on the list include:
• Jennifer Burke Jackson, BS ’06, MArch ’07, architecture, who is an architect with JLG Architects, Bismarck, North Dakota.
• Missy Keney, BS ’04, business administration, who is director of marketing and customer experience for Alerus, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
• Don Larson, BS ’01, political science, who is a public affairs senior specialist and partner at Odney, Bismarck, North Dakota.
• Bradley Lindblad, BS ’11, MBA ’15, business administration, who is the business intelligence strategist for Gate City Bank, Fargo.
• Jared Twogood, BS ’07, environmental design, MArch ’08, architecture, who is principal and co-founder of GT Architecture, Dickinson, North Dakota.
Prairie Business magazine distributes more than 20,000 print and digital copies monthly. It focusses on the business successes and opportunities in the states of North Dakota, South Dakota and western Minnesota. It covers many topics, including higher education, finance, architecture and engineering, agribusiness, energy, health care, economic development, tourism, technology and construction.
As a student-focused, land-grant, research university, we serve our citizens.