NDSU faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts during an awards ceremony Dec. 7.
Ken Grafton, vice president for agricultural affairs, director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station and dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the college; and Chris Boerboom, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards at the 26th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Forty-four people were nominated this year.
The award recipients were:
• Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Juan Osorno, associate professor of plant sciences
• Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Frank Manthey, professor of plant sciences
• Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Loren Baranko, lecturer of animal sciences
• H.Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Sarah Wagner, professor of animal sciences
• William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Marc Bauer, associate professor of animal sciences
• Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award – Miranda Meehan, Extension livestock environmental stewardship specialist in the Department of Animal Sciences
• AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Rick Schmidt, Extension agent, Oliver County
• Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Shelley Horne, research specialist, Department of Microbiological Sciences
• Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Shannon Ueker, administrative secretary, Department of Plant Sciences
• Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Thomas Brown, assistant herdsman, Department of Animal Sciences
As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.