Scholarships will be awarded to 17 NDSU student-athletes during this year's Harvest Bowl program on Nov. 2-3.
To date, the Harvest Bowl program has recognized 2,700 agriculturists in 53 counties in North Dakota and 10 counties in western Minnesota, and more than $210,000 in scholarships have been awarded to NDSU student athletes who are studying agriculture, business or pre-med, and come from an agricultural background.
The 2018 Harvest Bowl scholarship awardees, sport, hometown and major are:
• Harvest Bowl Scholarship – Bailey Retzlaff, track and field, Carrington, North Dakota, agricultural education
• Harvest Bowl Scholarship in honor of Robert Johansen – Cordell Eaton, wresting, Long Grove, Iowa, agricultural and biosystems engineering
• Patrick Benedict Memorial Harvest Bowl Scholarship – Kayla Huhnerkoch, track and field, Redwood Falls, Minnesota, nursing
• Gene Dahl Scholarship – Aaron Steidl, football, Carlos, Minnesota, agribusiness
• Scott and Ann Dau Family Scholarship – Brock Robbins, football, Cavalier, North Dakota, general agriculture
• John and Kay Dean Harvest Bowl Scholarship – Karson Schoening, football, Rolla, North Dakota, crop and weed sciences
• Farmer's National Harvest Bowl Scholarship – Derrek Tuzska, football, Warner, South Dakota, crop and weed sciences
• Gooseneck Implement/Green Iron Equipment Harvest Bowl Scholarship – Allie Mauch, volleyball, Barney, North Dakota, human development and family sciences, and elementary education
• Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Harvest Bowl Endowment – Kirstin Tidd, volleyball, Verona, Wisconsin, agricultural economics
• LeVon Kirkeide, Patricia Kirkeide Hagemeister and Friends Harvest Bowl Scholarship – Kelsey Laufenberg, track and field, Alice, North Dakota, psychology
• Darrell Larson Family Scholarship – Colin Connor, football, Mineral Point, Wisconsin, university studies
• Bob Lauf Memorial Scholarship – Rylee Nudell, basketball, Buffalo, North Dakota, elementary education
• Nipstad Family Athletic Scholarship Endowment – Luke Bacon, football, Granville, North Dakota, social science education
• Ron and Karen Offutt Scholarship – Dan Stribal, wrestling, Tabor, South Dakota, agricultural systems management
• Red River Commodities Scholarship – Cameron Sykora, wrestling, Wheaton, Minnesota, sport management
• Richard and Kelly Sager Harvest Bowl Endowment – Dan Stribal, wrestling, Tabor, South Dakota, agricultural systems management
• Titan Machinery Scholarship – Jacob Rodin, track and field, Kenmare, North Dakota, agricultural systems management
• #64 Bob Yaggie and #58 Bruce Yaggie Father-Son Football Scholarship – Stanley Jones, football, Bismarck, North Dakota, business administration
• Bob and Darlene Yaggie Football Scholarship – Derrek Tuzska, football, Warner, South Dakota, crop and weed sciences
In addition, a special agribusiness award goes to an individual who has a distinguished career in agriculture and business. This year's recipient is Sharon Anderson, former director of NDSU Extension.
The 45th annual Harvest Bowl festivities begin Friday, Nov. 2, at the Delta by Marriot hotel in Fargo with a dinner and awards ceremony. On Nov. 3, honorees will attend the Harvest Bowl football game between NDSU and Youngstown State University.
For information on Harvest Bowl and to register, visit the NDSU Foundation and Alumni Association website, call the NDSU alumni office at 800-279-8971 or 701-231-6800, or email Melissa Harms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.