NDSU's Student-Athlete Advisory Council will be collecting non-perishable food and monetary donations at several upcoming Bison home events for this year's Summit League "Food Fight," an annual competition among Summit League member schools. All donations will benefit the Fargo-Moorhead Emergency Food Pantry.
Collections are scheduled for:
• Nov. 3 football tailgating lots vs. Youngstown State University
• Nov. 4 wrestling vs. Northwestern University, 12 p.m.
• Nov. 4 volleyball vs. Purdue Fort Wayne University, 1 p.m.
• Nov. 6 women's basketball vs. Mayville State University, 7 p.m.
• Nov. 8 wrestling vs. Northern Illinois University, 7 p.m.
• Nov. 9 women's basketball vs. Creighton University, 5 p.m.
Council representatives will be in Thunder Alley near the Hornbacher's tent at football tailgating Nov. 3 and in the lobbies of the Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse for volleyball and Sanford Health Athletic Complex for wrestling and women's basketball.
Another collection will take place in the spring.
The school that raises the most food (in pounds) at the end of the two one-week periods will be named the winner. Last year, NDSU collected nearly 7,000 pounds of food.
As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.