NDSU faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts during an awards ceremony Dec. 6.
Greg Lardy, associate vice president for Agricultural Affairs, acting director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station and interim director of NDSU Extension, and David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources, presented the awards during the 27th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Forty-six people were nominated this year.
The 2018 award recipients were:
• Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Sheela Ramamoorthy, associate professor of microbiological sciences
• Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Joel Caton, professor of animal sciences
• Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Peter Bergholz, assistant professor of microbiological sciences
• H.Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Siew Hoon Lim, associate professor of agribusiness and applied economics
• William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Todd West, professor of plant sciences
• Excellence in Extension Early Career Award - Andrew Friskop, Extension plant pathologist, Department of Plant Pathology
• AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Macine Lukach, Extension agent and Region 3 Family Resource Center coordinator/educator, Cavalier County
• Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Md. Saidul Borhan, research specialist in the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
• Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Aimee Thapa, Department of Plant Pathology administrative secretary
• Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Justin Gilbertson, agriculture research technician/animal caretaker, Department of Animal Sciences
As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.