The NDSU Presidential Search Committee has scheduled open forums for the week of Jan. 11-15. The purpose of the open forums is to obtain feedback and gather input on the presidential profile (job description) from the campus and community members. There also are two Webinars scheduled for people who are unable to attend.
Open forums are scheduled as follows:
• Monday, Jan. 11, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Memorial Union Lark room
• Tuesday, Jan. 12, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Memorial Union Hidatsa room
• Tuesday, Jan. 12, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Barry Hall Eide Bailly room
• Wednesday, Jan. 13, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Webinar
• Thursday, Jan. 14, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Barry Hall Eide Bailly room
• Thursday, Jan. 14, 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Memorial Union Hidatsa room
• Friday, Jan. 15, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Webinar
To participate in the Webinar, Microsoft Windows users should use Internet Explorer (not Internet Explorer 8, the newest version) or Firefox. Macintosh users should use Safari. Go to the Webinar's room some time before the event (a day or two in advance). If Wimba is running on a computer for the first time, the user will be prompted to run the setup wizard. The directions to run the wizard are as follows:
• Go to ndivnlc.wimba.com
• Click on "Participant Login." The Room ID is "NDSU_Ag" and under name, enter your name.
• Once logged in, select "NDSU Ag Communication" to enter the room.
• Participants can re-size any of the windows or move the video window around.
• Participants should have a headset with microphone to ask questions. If the group becomes too large, audio may just be one way. Participants can hear the speaker, but to ask a question, they will need to type it in the chat box. It will then be shared with the candidate. That means you don’t need a headset or phone, just computer speakers.
• If participants can’t make the live presentations, follow the Wimba directions above, but click on archive in the upper right corner. Each presentation should become viewable in the archive a couple hours after the live presentation takes place.
To learn more about participating in Wimba, go to www.ag.ndsu.edu/wimba. The most important links to get started are "Participant – Getting started quick reference," "Equipment Required" and "Wimba Login." For more information about Wimba, contact Scott Swanson at email@example.com or 1-7086.