Agriculture Communication staff members were honored for their work by the Association for Communication Excellence, known as ACE, and the National Federation of Press Women.
Recognized during ACE’s conference June 24-27 in San Antonio were:
• Kelli Anderson, information specialist, silver in website for the new NDSU Extension website
• Becky Koch, Agriculture Communication director, bronze in script writing for visual media for “Surviving a Disaster” educational program script completed for the national Extension Disaster Network
• Koch and Anderson, bronze in crisis communications for Palmer amaranth education
Honored at the National Federation of Press Women conference in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, were:
• Koch, Anderson and Ellen Crawford, information specialist, first place in crisis communications for education on Palmer amaranth
• Koch, second place in newsletter or other non-newspaper publication - non-profit, government or educational for the Pulse Crop AgMag
• Anderson, third place in podcasts for the Sound Ag Advise podcast
• Crawford, third place in continuing coverage or unfolding news for a series of articles on combating Palmer amaranth
In addition, Carol Renner, marketing/communication coordinator in the College of Health Professions, also received National Federation of Press Women awards, including:
• Second place, social media campaign - nonprofit, government or educational for the College of Health Professions’ Giving Day social media campaign
• Second place, media pitchon the pharmaceutical sciences department’s research in pancreatic and breast cancer and spider silk for biomedical uses
• Honorable mention, electronic newsletter - nonprofit, government or educational for the College of Health Professions’ Vital Signs e-newsletter for alumni
As a student-focused, land-grant, research university, we serve our citizens.