NDSU faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts during an awards ceremony on campus Dec. 12.
Greg Lardy, associate vice president for agricultural affairs, acting director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station and interim director of NDSU Extension, and David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems and Natural Resources, presented the awards during the 28th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program.
A total of 43 people were nominated this year.
The 2019 award recipients are:
• Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award -- Zhaohui Liu, associate professor of plant pathology
• Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award -- Senay Simsek, professor of plant sciences
• Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award -- Lisa Christenson, associate professor of practice in the Department of Animal Sciences
• H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award -- Thomas DeSutter, professor in the School of Natural Resource Sciences
• William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award -- Stacey Ostby, lecturer of animal sciences
• Excellence in Extension Early Career Award -- Esther McGinnis, Extension horticulturist, Department of Plant Sciences
• AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award -- Greg Endres, Extension cropping systems specialist, Carrington Research Extension Center
• Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award -- Wanda Keller, research specialist, Department of Animal Sciences
• Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award -- Niki Lynnes, office coordinator, School of Natural Resource Sciences and Department of Plant Pathology
• Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award -- Christie Erickson, assistant lab manager, School of Natural Resource Sciences
As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.