NDSU’s Division of Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach is seeking members for a new council, which will provide information and advice on issues of equity and diversity. Administrators, faculty, staff, students, NDSU alumni and Fargo community members are invited to nominate themselves or other individuals for consideration for the council.
The council will convene in fall 2011 and will meet once each semester with Eveadean Myers, vice president for equity, diversity and global outreach, and members of her leadership team.
Equity and Diversity Advisory Council roles and responsibilities:
· Promote and support NDSU diversity, equity and community
· Provide counsel to the vice president for equity, diversity and global outreach
· Provide advice regarding relevant policy and program decisions
· Communicate NDSU diversity initiatives with respective areas
· Provide continuous accountability by convening task forces, as needed
· Meet once each semester, with members from the Equity and Diversity Liaison group
· Represent the Equity and Diversity Advisory Council at related events, as available
Representatives are sought for the advisory council from the following constituency groups:
· Each division, including one from each academic college
· Alumni Association/Development Foundation
· Disability Services
· Faculty Senate
· Fargo community members
· General Education Committee member
· Graduate School
· Pride Network
· Staff Senate
· Student Senate
· Members at large
Advisory Council nomination process:
Current NDSU administrators, faculty, staff and students who are interested in becoming a member of the Equity and Diversity Advisory Council are asked to notify vice presidents, department heads or directors to forward their names to the Office of the Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach. Individuals who are nominated for consideration will be contacted for additional information.
Alumni and Fargo community members who are interested in becoming members of the council are asked to submit their names to the Office for the Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach directly at NDSU-EQUITYDIVERSITY@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU or call (701) 231-7708.
Nominations are due by 4 p.m. on Friday, July 15. For more information, contact Vice President Myers at (701) 231-7708.