Somnath Banerjee, NDSU assistant professor of marketing, was recently quoted in an online WalletHub story. Banerjee was one of 27 experts from across the country quoted in the story, “Best Car Insurance Companies.”
Banerjee responded to these questions:
• Which do you think is a better indication of a good car insurance company: low rates or good customer reviews?
• Do you think 24/7 live customer service should be a requirement to be among the best car insurance companies?
• Is it fair to say that the 10 largest car insurance companies are the best for most drivers?
• What advice would you give people who are trying to choose a car insurance company?
• How influential do you think TV advertisements are when people are choosing their car insurance provider?
“Consumer choice-related decision making involves need recognition, search process, evaluation of alternatives, purchase and post-purchase decisions,” Banerjee said in the article. “To effectively choose car insurance I would suggest conducting a thorough search across different car insurance options.”
Banerjee’s research interests are in sales management, sales incentives, sales-marketing interface, online marketing, competitive marketing strategy and quantitative marketing.
He earned his bachelor’s degree at Patna University, India; his Master of Business Administration from the International Management Institute, India; and his doctorate at the University of Central Florida.
As a student focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.