The NRM Program offers Brett Hovde Memorial Scholarship to eligible NRM students each year. Scholarship applications are only accepted through the College of Agriculture, Food Systrems, and Natural Resources' online scholarship application process. Recipients are notified in the spring semester, and disbursed the following fall semester.
Brett Hovde Memorial Scholarship - $500.00Background:
A NRM endowment supports one scholarship for NRM students at NDSU. Brett Hovde (BS '92, MS '94) died October 26, 2001, at the age of 31. Brett enjoyed North Dakota's outdoors, especially from a snowmobile, speed boat, or motorcylce. He wrote his masters thesis at NDSU under the supervision of Dr. Jay A. Leitch on the value of prairie wetlands.Eligibility Requirements :
- NRM Major pursuing a BS, MNRM, MS, or PhD, with an emphasis in Social Sciences or Natural Resources Economics;
- Minimum number of NDSU semester units (credits) completed at the end of the previous fall semester;
- 24 units for undergraduate students;
- 15 units for graduate students
- Cumulative NDSU GPA of at least 3.25;
- Full time student in the NDSU College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources (CAFSNR) currently and at the time of disbursement of the award (Fall Semester following award)
- Complete the application form via the online scholarship application process.
- The NRM Scholarship Committee selects one recipient in May.
- The scholarship recipient is notified in May. The actual award is disbursed the following fall.
- Recipient is expected to attend the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources Scholarship Recognition Luncheon in November (invitations are mailed).
Other scholarship Opportunities
There are other scholarship opportunities for NRM students through the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources. Review the College’s Scholarship Program Booklet for additional opportunities. There are also scholarship opportunities in the College of Science and Mathematics which NRM students may be eligible for.