When completing the application, please create the resume and personal statement in Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac). You may then copy and paste into the PDF document. Do not use Microsoft Word. Read through the application carefully. Note that the Personal Statement is only ONE Page, single spaced.
Steps for submitting the Application Form: Note paper copies will NOT be accepted. It is the student responsibility to verify that application was submitted properly.
- Step One: Download the PDF from the Nursing Website and save the application on your hard drive; do not use “Save As”. Your application will not be saved correctly and will not upload correctly.
- Step Two: Open the PDF application using Adobe Reader, version 8 or newer (you may not use "Preview" on a MAC to fill this form!);
- Step Three: Add your data to the PDF application at your convenience and save the application on your hard drive;
- Step Four: Copy the PDF on your hard drive so that you have a back-up; Continue to use Save when you are filling out the form and do NOT use save as a PDF.
- Step Five: Login to https://apps.ndsu.edu/pdfupload/ and select the receiving department (Nursing);
- Step Six: Select the form that you have completed; and
- Step Seven: Upload the copy of the application to this Web site. Once your PDF is uploaded, you can click the "Click here for a receipt" button to ensure that we received the upload.
- Step Eight: You will receive a message that the upload was successful. If you receive an error message, please try again or contact the School of Nursing.
2015 Instructions for Application to the Nursing Major
- Application to the NDSU nursing program is accepted only from a student who has been admitted to NDSU and is a pre-nursing student. Students not previously enrolled at NDSU must apply both to NDSU (with a NDSU Application for Admission) and to the professional major (with the Supplemental Nursing Application form). If you are not a current NDSU student, please apply to NDSU here: NDSU Application
- Applications for the Nursing Major is in an electronic format. A receipt of submission will be received once the application is submitted.
- Current official transcripts from all schools attended during and after high school must be on file in the Office of Registration & Records.
- Two references are required. Provide the Reference Form to the person you are asking to complete a reference. It is appropriate to include a stamped envelope, addressed to the address given below, with the Reference Form. Please have reference sign the seal of the envelope. You may use references from an April application.
- Completion of the Certified Background Check. See instructions on the website. Results are received by the Nursing Department – you do not need to contact us once completed. If completed for April Application, you do not need to repeat.
- All application materials must be postmarked by the nursing department SEPTEMBER 20. It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that all application materials have been received by the nursing office by the deadline.
- Applicants can withdraw application from consideration at any time prior to SEPTEMBER 20. Please contact the Nursing Department to withdraw an application that has been uploaded.
- Current students are encouraged to use the NDSU Writing Center and the NDSU Career Center for assistance with the resume and personal statement. The Pre-Nursing Advisor and Faculty will not review resume and essays prior to submission.
- Please preview application prior to submission to ensure instructions have been followed.
- All application materials for NDSU Nursing at Fargo or Sanford Health in Bismarck will be sent to the Fargo Department of Nursing.
The following checklist may be helpful in completing your application:
- Application to the Nursing Program (submitted online at: www.ndsu.edu/nursing)
- Application Fee of $50: Check or money order payable to the School of Nursing. Please send to:
NDSU School of Nursing
1919 North University Drive Dept. #2670, PO Box 6050 Fargo, ND 58108-6050
- Transcripts on file at the Office of Registration and Records
- Reference #1
- Reference #2
- Completion of the Certified Background Check
- An interview may be requested. If so, you will be notified.
If you applied to the Professional Program in May 2015, you may use the same references. Please just indicate on the application under references, use previous references.
Criminal Background Check
If you completed a Background Check in the Spring 2015, you do not need to repeat the Background Check.
Go to www.CertifiedBackground.com and click on “Students”
In the Package Code box, enter the package code: NO96
Enter your payment information – Visa, MasterCard, or Money Order. Cost is $50. Follow the online instructions to complete your order.
Additional information about Background checks can be found here.
Results are received by the Nursing Department – you do not need to contact us once completed.