2016 Application Form
The application form for 2016 will be available early March. Changes to the form are in progress. Applications are due April 20th.
2016 Instructions for Application to the Nursing Major
- Application to the NDSU nursing program is accepted only from a student who has been admitted to NDSU (for the term of program start) and is a pre-nursing student. Students not previously enrolled at NDSU must apply both to NDSU (with a NDSU Application for Admission) and to the professional major (with the Supplemental Nursing Application form). If you are not a current NDSU student, please apply to NDSU here: NDSU Application
- Applications for the Nursing Major is in an electronic format. A receipt of submission will be received once the application is submitted.
- Current official transcripts from all schools attended during and after high school must be on file in the Office of Registration & Records.
- Two references are required. Provide the Reference Form to the person you are asking to complete a reference. It is appropriate to include a stamped envelope, addressed to the address given below, with the Reference Form. Please have reference sign the seal of the envelope.
- Completion of the Certified Background Check. See instructions on the website. Results are received by the School of Nursing – you do not need to contact us once completed. If completed for April Application, you do not need to repeat.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that all application materials have been received by the nursing office by the deadline.
- Applicants can withdraw application from consideration at any time prior to APRIL 20. Please contact the School of Nursing to withdraw an application that has been uploaded.
- Current students are encouraged to use the NDSU Writing Center and the NDSU Career Center for assistance with the resume and personal statement. The Pre-Nursing Advisor and Faculty will not review resume and essays prior to submission.
- Please preview application prior to submission to ensure instructions have been followed.
- All application materials for NDSU Nursing at Fargo or Sanford Health in Bismarck will be sent to the Fargo school of Nursing Office.
The following checklist may be helpful in completing your application:
- Application to the Nursing Program (submitted online at: www.ndsu.edu/nursing)
- Application Fee of $50: Check or money order payable to the School of Nursing. Please send to:
NDSU School of Nursing
1919 North University Drive Dept. #2670, PO Box 6050 Fargo, ND 58108-6050
- Transcripts on file at the Office of Registration and Records
- Reference #1
- Reference #2
- Completion of the Certified Background Check
- An interview may be requested. If so, you will be notified.