The Nursing Program online application will be available in mid-March (for fall admission) and mid-August (for spring admission). All documents must be on file in the School of Nursing by:
- Fargo site: April 20 for both fall and spring start
- Bismarck site: April 20 for fall admission, and September 20 for spring admission
Students enrolled at NDSU in the pre-nursing program are encouraged to consult their pre-nursing academic advisor prior to the application deadline.
Eligibility for Admission
- Admission to North Dakota State University as a pre-nursing major (for the term of program start)
- For information about applying to NDSU, please visit NDSU Admissions
- Completion of the Nursing Program application
- Submission of the application fee & background check
- Submission of a personal statement Video
- Completion of an admissions test and an interview upon request
- Provide any additional items as requested
View Admission page for more information.
A $65.00 application fee is due upon submission of Nursing Major application. Credit/debit/checking account information can be used.
Certified Background Check
The Certified Background Check can be completed before or after submitting the online application.
Use code NO96 in the "place order" box. Follow directions to continue the order and pay the $50.75 fee for the background check. Note, the “O” is the letter “O” and not a zero.
This fee is in addition to the program application fee and is nonrefundable.
The School of Nursing receives your results. You do not need to submit or send anything to the School of Nursing.
2019 Application to the School of Nursing
Please read the Application Instructions prior to beginning the application.
Application to the Professional Nursing Program Applications to the Fargo site are currently closed. Bismarck is still accepting applications.
For Fargo only applicants: HSRT (Critical Thinking Exam) on Saturday, April 27, 2019 in Sudro Hall & Interview Day: June 6, 2019
Please Note: If you are admitted, there are additional costs before beginning the Nursing courses:
- $100 reservation fee to reserve your space in the class. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Fingerprinting and FBI Background Check at Orientation (costs vary per site between $30-$45, depending on services required)
- Bison Card: If you currently have a Bison card, you do not need to submit a new picture. If you submit for a new card, you will be charged $20.00.