LPN Admission Requirements and Process
- Admission to NDSU (recommended it is submitted by Sept. 1st for Spring semester).
- Professional Nursing Program Application deadline: October 15th
- Diploma in Nursing with completion of a 66 or more University Credits or Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree.
- The completion of the following courses with a “C” or higher are required for admission:
a. Biology 220/220L & 221/221L: Anatomy and Physiology I and II with lab
b. Microbiology 202/202L: Introduction to Microbiology
c. English 120: College Composition II
d. Communications 110: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
e. Psychology 250: Developmental Psychology
f. Sociology 110: Introduction to Sociology
- Current unencumbered Nursing License as a Licensed Practical Nurse in any state or must be eligible for licensure (must obtain license by May and will be admitted on probation pending licensure)
- Cumulative GPA of a 2.75 or greater and a Nursing GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Completion of the NLN NACE II (RN-BSN) Exams in the areas of Adult Health, Mental Health, Care of the Child, Care of the Client During Childbearing
a. Score of 60-70% (exact score required varies per exam) must be obtained on each exam to be eligible to apply to the program
b. Exams may be taken twice in a calendar year
c. Cost of the exams is subject to change, currently $34-60/each. Student is responsible for the cost.
d. Exams are administered a minimum of twice a year, April and August. Dates and Registration information is posted in February and June.
e. Exams are Computer-Based, and currently are only available at NDSU
- Completion of Background Check with satisfactory results prior to admission. Students responsible for costs.
- Completion of an Essay and/or Interview as requested
- $50 Application Fee (subject to change)
- Completed Application Form, which includes two References
- Students may apply to the LPN-BSN track twice
- Upon Admission, students must provide documentation of the following:
a. CPR for the Healthcare Provider
b. Health Status Documentation (form to complete)
c. Background Check with fingerprints
- Additional courses will be required for the nursing major including, Chemistry Concepts (Chem 117/L); Biochemistry (Bioc 260); Introduction to Psychology (Psyc 111).