Facts and Figures (As of Fall 2014)
Fall 2014 Enrollment
Data from 4th week (September 23) enrollment numbers.
11,763 degree seeking Undergraduates students
340 degree seeking Professional students
1,902 degree seeking Graduate students
742 NDSU Special students (Tri-College, Collaborative, & Non-Degree Students)
Total Enrollment: 14,747
Of the 14,747 students, 2,469 are First Time Freshman.
For detailed enrollment reports for the Fall 2014 semester, please visit the Registration and Records site.
Distance and Continuing Education (DCE)
Fall Semester 2014 4th Week Breakdown - Unduplicated Headcount unless indicated.
1,017 Students in distance based activity (DCE) only, regardless of whether offered as a NDSU DE or a DCE DE class.
899 Students who were only in DCE DE classes.
4,191 Students in DCE activity, regardless of whether offered as a NDSU DCE face-to-face (off-campus) or a DCE DE class. This number includes students who could have been in on-campus/traditional classroom courses as well.
3,637 Students in distance based activity, enrolled in only DCE DE classes. This number includes students who could have been in on-campus/traditional classroom courses as well.
Fall 2014 Enrollment Data from Distance and Continuing Education (DCE) 10/20/2014.
|North Dakota Residents||Minnesota Residents||Other States/ U.S. Citizen||International||Permanent Residents|
Fall 2014 students (of all 14,747)
|North Dakota||Minnesota||Other States||International|
|NDSU Alumni |
Student Data from 4th Week Enrollment Reports September 2014.
Alumni Data from NDSU Alumni Association June 2014.
Enrollment by College
Fall 2014 enrollment numbers (Fall 2013 enrollment in parentheses):
Totals for each College include Undergraduate, Professional, & Graduate Students
- *College of Engineering -- 2,467 (2,375)
- College of Health Professions --1,889 (1,678)
- College of Science and Mathematics -- 1,873 (1,873)
- *College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences -- 1,831 (2,012)
- College of Agriculture, Food Systems, & Natural Resources -- 1,825 (1,777)
- College of Human Development and Education -- 1,794 (1,831)
- College of Business --1,536 (1,485)
- Tri-College, Collaborative and Non-Degree Students - 742 (727)
- College of University Studies -- 603 (675)
- **Graduate & Interdisciplinary Studies -- 187 (196)
*Fall 2013 Architecture and Landscape Architecture moved to the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. College of Engineering and Architecture renamed College of Engineering.
**Enrollment consists of only Graduate Students.
Fall 2014 Personnel Statistical Profile of NDSU
- 6,311 total employees, all categories, (2,616 full-time, 3,695 part-time)
- 75 Administrators
- 756 Ranked Faculty and Lecturers
- 209 Part-Time Academic Staff
- 955 Graduate Assistants and Fellows
- 45 Program Administrators and Coaches,
- 245 Extension Educators, Experiment Station and Other Researchers
- 1,495 Professional, Technical, Office, Trades, and Service Staff
- 2,531 Temporary Workers (including students)
- 3,979.84 Full-Time Equivalent
Data from Human Resources/Payroll 9/30/2014 pay period end date.