Late Payment Fees
- North Dakota State University assesses a monthly late payment fee of 1.75% on all past due student accounts.
- Late fees for student accounts begin after thirty days of delinquency.
- The late payment fee assessed is based on the principal balance owed at 11:59 p.m. on the 15th of each month and will be posted to the account on the first business day after the 15th.
- Loans, both federal and from private lenders, must be received by NDSU before the late payment fee deadline. No consideration will be granted for loan applications in progress, loans delayed by missing documentation, or lender-imposed waiting periods. Students should allow a minimum of four weeks for the lender to process their loan application and transfer the funds to NDSU.
- Unpaid late payment fees do not accrue additional fees.
- Apartment rent is not subject to the 1.75% late payment fee on the fifteenth of each month, however, a separate flat fee of $35 is assessed by the NDSU Residence Life department on late rent payments.