Late Payment Fees
- North Dakota State University assesses a monthly late payment fee of 1.75% on all past due student accounts.
- Late fees for student accounts begin after thirty days of delinquency.
- The late payment fee assessed is based on the principal balance owed at 11:59 p.m. on the 15th of each month and will be posted to the account on the first business day after the 15th.
- No consideration will be granted for loans that are in process. Students should allow approximately 3-4 weeks for the lender to process their loan application and transfer the funds to NDSU.
- Unpaid late payment fees do not accrue additional fees.
- Apartment rent is not subject to the 1.75% late payment fee on the fifteenth of each month, however, a separate flat fee of $35 is assessed by the NDSU Residence Life department on late rent payments.