Authorized Users on Student Accounts
Students may elect to designate an Authorized User for their student account. Authorized Users are allowed to make online payments on behalf of the student – they are not granted access to any student account details. Authorized Users may or may not have FERPA access.
Instructions for the student to set up an Authorized User can be found here: Setting Up an Authorized User
Instructions for the Authorized User to create their account can be found here: Authorized User Access to Payment Software
Students are required to monitor their own Campus Connection account balances and ensure NDSU has received payment by the established Due Dates.
NDSU does not mail billing statements to current students. If a student account has a balance an e-bill notification is sent to the student's NDSU email account.
Student's should monitor theirthrough the Finances section of the Student Center.
Payments can be submitted in the following ways:
- Online: Credit card and electronic check payments can be submitted through Campus Connection 24 hours a day!
- By Mail: Checks or money orders can be mailed to: Customer Account Services, NDSU Dept. 3110, P.O. Box 6050, Fargo, ND 58108-6050.
- In Person: Cash and check payments are accepted at the One Stop service center in the Memorial Union.
To ensure timely processing please include the student identification number when submitting payments.
Note: Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted at One Stop or Customer Account Services offices for payments on student accounts.
529 College Savings Plans
NDSU is an Eligible Education Institution for the purposes of receiving payment from Qualified Tuition Programs (i.e. 529 college savings plans). Distributions may be sent directly to the University at the address listed below to be applied directly to the student account.
Customer Account Services
NDSU Department 3110
P.O. Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Distribution checks may be greater than the amount owed, causing a refund to the student. However, refunds of excess funds are limited to $1,700 per semester Distribution checks received in amounts significantly exceeding the amount estimated to be owed for the academic year will be returned to the 529 plan administrator. Students may contact Customer Account Services to request that a No Refunds hold be placed on their account to allow the excess funds to be carried over to a future semester. Refunds may not be carried over between academic years or semesters in which the student is not enrolled.
Qualified Higher Education Expenses may include tuition, student fees, room, board, books, and computer equipment.
International Payments with Flywire
Using Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency.
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact the Flywire multilingual customer support team with any quesitons, day or night
Contact Flywire Help if you have questions about making a payment transaction through Flywire.
Monthly Payment Plan
Agreeing to a Monthly Payment Plan at NDSU enables students to space out tuition and fee payments over a three month period. As long as payments are current a payment plan eliminates late fees.
Monthly payment plans will consist of three installments per term. No payment plans are offered for summer terms.
More information regarding the Monthly Payment Plan can be found here: Monthly Payment Plan
Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Payments
Check or electronic check payments returned for non-sufficient funds, stop payment requests, or due to a closed account will result in:
- A $25.00 Returned Check fee.
- The returned check amount being reflected on the student's Campus Connection account as owed to NDSU.
- Customer Account Services holds denying the student the ability to pay by personal check, register for classes, request an official transcript, or receive their diploma.
For questions regarding this procedure or to make arrangements to resolve a returned payment please contact Customer Account Services at 701-231-8782.
All online payments are applied immediately to the user's Campus Connection account.
- Electronic Check payments may be submitted using a personal savings or checking account.
- Credit Card payments may be submitted using Discover, MasterCard, VISA or American Express cards.
- Credit Card payments are assessed a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% of the total payment amount (minimum fee of $3.00). This fee is assessed and collected by the card processor not the University.
- Debit Card transactions should be made using the electronic checking method by entering the bank account and routing number associated with the debit card.
Third Party Payments
If you are receiving payments on behalf of a Third Party entity please submit a billing authorization from the third party to the Customer Account Services office in Ceres Hall 302 before the payment deadline to ensure timely processing. Please note that NDSU does not bill a student's employer for tuition charges.