Monthly Payment Plan
Enrollment for the Monthly Payment Plan for the Spring 2018 semester has ended as of January 24,2018.
NDSU does NOT offer a monthly payment plan for summer terms.
Enrollment for the Fall 2018 payment plan will begin approximately July 15, 2018.
Successfully enrolling in the payment plan requires both the completion of the online enrollment application and a $250 minimum down payment posted to the student account on Campus Connection before the deadline.
Please review the payment plan terms (below) to receive the required Confirmation Code for enrollment.
Agreeing to a Monthly Payment Plan at NDSU enables students to space out tuition and fee payments over a three month period. As long as payments are current a payment plan eliminates late fees.
Monthly payment plans will consist of three installments per term. No payment plans are offered for summer terms.
The cost of enrolling in a payment plan is $30.00 which is charged directly to the student account. A minimum down payment of $250 is required and must be paid before NDSU will finish processing enrollment. However, we recommend a down payment equal to approximately 25% of your account balance. Down payments can be made online, via mail or in-person.
To enroll in the Monthly Payment Plan please review the payment plan terms document and select the link for online enrollment. There is a code in the Payment Plan Terms document that is needed to enroll online. Once installments are set up, a $30 enrollment fee will be charged to the student account.
Enrollment for the Spring Payment Plan begins December 15, 2017 and continues until January 24, 2018. All conditions of the Payment Plan terms must be met to be enrolled.
Payment Plan Terms - Spring 2018
- This installment plan is for student charges for the Spring 2018 semester only. NDSU does not offer payment plans for summer semesters.
- Students must be registered for classes to enroll in a payment plan.
- There is a non-refundable $30.00 enrollment fee for the semester which will be assessed to the student account after Payment Plan installments have been set up.
- A minimum down payment of $250 must be paid against the student account on Campus Connection prior to the enrollment period deadline. It is recommended that the down payment amount equal 25% of the estimated term charges. Individuals wishing to reduce the amount of the future monthly installment payments may elect to make a more substantial down payment (i.e. a fourth installment).
- Payment plan enrollment dates are December 15, 2017 through January 24, 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- All eligible charges accrued prior to January 24, 2018 will be added to the monthly payment plan balance. Charges added after this date are no longer eligible and must be paid by the posted due date.
- The payment plan balance is divided into three installments.
- Installment due dates are February 13, 2018, March 13, 2018, and April 13, 2018.
- Monthly payment installments equal the sum of eligible charges, minus the down payment, anticipated financial aid, and/or waivers, divided by three.
- Charges that are eligible to be paid through this payment plan include:
- Tuition, student fees, course fees, program fees, room housing contracts, meal plans, hall dues, parking permits, New Student Fee, NDSU Card Center fee, immigration fees, and bookstore charges.
- All other charges are not eligible and need to be paid by their corresponding due dates, this includes NDSU Rent charges and the International Student Health Insurance fee.
- Our office will begin applying the Monthly Payment Plan to student accounts starting January 24, 2018. Depending on enrollment, the process may take a few business days to complete. Any payments made prior to the payment plan installment creation on a student's account will be treated as a down payment.
- Aid received after the Financial Aid Disbursement date will be applied to the account and may change installment amounts.
- Charges that are eligible to be paid through this payment plan include:
- Students who have been cancelled from a payment plan in the past or who have a student account balance more than 30 days past due may be denied enrollment in the payment plan.
- Payment reminders will be mailed out approximately seven days after the due date. Electronic versions of the payment reminder are also available online though Campus Connection.
- There is a 2 day grace period from the 13th before any registration holds are applied to the account.
- A monthly 1.75% late payment fee will be applied to any installment balance 30 days past due.
- Payments are due regardless of whether or not you have received your payment reminder via mail.
- Installment amounts can be viewed on Campus Connection by going to your Student Center.
- Payment plan balances more than 45 days past due will result in the immediate cancellation of the payment plan. Upon cancellation, the remaining balance is due immediately and the monthly payment fee of 1.75% will be applied to all charges more than 30 days past due.
- Notifications regarding the payment plan will be sent to the student's NDSU email account, please be sure to check your NDSU email account on a regular basis. Notifications will NOT be sent to parents or Authorized Users.
- If the student would like email notifications sent to an additional email address, they must submit that address through their NDSU email account by sending an email to email@example.com.
Print-Friendly Version of Terms - Spring 2018 Payment Plan Terms
Ways to Pay and Check Your Account Balance
Installment and Down Payment Options
Check payments can be mailed to:
Customer Account Services
NDSU Dept. 3110
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Cash of check payments can be made in person at One Stop located in the Memorial Union.
Electronic check payments or VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card payments may be processed online via Campus Connection. Note: Our online card processor charges a 2.75% ($3.00 minimum) fee on all credit card payments, electronic check transactions are free.
Inquiries on Account Balances
If you have already registered for courses and/or have contracted for campus housing and/or a meal plan you can utilize your Campus Connection account to view your charges. To access this information go to Campus Connection >Student Center>Account Inquiry>Activity.
For Information on costs not yet posted on your campus account, a good resource is the Tuition and Fee Breakdown listed here http://www.ndsu.edu/onestop/accounts/. This link has information on almost any charge that could be applied to your student account.
In order for NDSU to communicate any financial information to a Third Party (including parents), the student must submit a signed FERPA release form to NDSU's Office of Registration and Records. The form can be obtained online at: http://www.ndsu.edu/onestop/forms/
Remember additional eligible charges often occur after initial enrollment in the payment plan. These charges will increase subsequent monthly payment amounts. You can review your Campus Connection account (Campus Connection>Campus Finances>Account Inquiry) for details about your monthly installment amounts.
For questions please contact the NDSU Customer Account Services Office at 701-231-8782.