Monthly Payment Plan
Enrollment for the Monthly Payment Plan for the Fall 2019 semester is now closed. Late submissions will not be accepted.
NDSU does NOT offer a monthly payment plan for summer terms.
Enrollment for the Spring 2020 semester payment plan will begin approximately December 15, 2019.
Successfully enrolling in the payment plan requires the completion of the online enrollment application (Student's Campus Connection Login information required to access the application).
Agreeing to a Monthly Payment Plan at NDSU enables students to pay tuition and fee charges over a three month period. As long as payments are current, enrolling in a payment plan eliminates late fees and registration holds.
Monthly payment plans will consist of three installments per term. Students will need to sign up for the payment plan each Fall or Spring semester. No payment plans are offered for summer terms.
The cost of enrolling in a payment plan is $30.00, which is charged directly to the student account after the installments are set up. No down payment is required. However, we recommend a payment equivalent to approximately 25% of your account balance as this will reduce the amount of the subsequent installments. Payments can be made online, via mail or in-person.
To enroll in the Monthly Payment Plan, please review the Payment Plan Terms and select the link for Online Enrollment. Students will receive an email confirming their successful application.
We will begin processing enrollment requests August 15th and may take a few business days before installments show on student accounts.
Payment Plan Terms - Fall 2019
- This installment plan is for student charges for the Fall 2019 semester only. NDSU does not offer payment plans for summer semester.
- Spring 2020 will have a separate enrollment period, which will begin approximately December 15, 2019.
- Students must be registered for classes to enroll in a payment plan.
- There is a non-refundable $30.00 enrollment fee for the semester, assessed to the student account. The fee is not eligible to be paid with funds from Title IV Financial Aid.
- Individuals wishing to reduce the amount of the future monthly installment payments may elect to make a substantial payment (i.e. a fourth installment) prior to enrolling.
- Payment plan enrollment dates are June 12, 2019 through September 11, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- All eligible charges accrued prior to October 1, 2019 will be added to the payment plan balance. Charges added after this date are no longer eligible and must be paid by the posted due date.
- The payment plan balance is divided into three installments.
- Installment due dates are September 13, 2019, October 13, 2019, and November 13, 2019.
- Monthly installments equal the sum of eligible charges, less Anticipated Financial Aid, and/or waivers, divided by three.
- Charges that are eligible to be paid through the Monthly Payment Plan include:
- Tuition, student fees, course fees, program fees, room housing contracts, meal plans, hall dues, parking permits, New Student Fee, NDSU ID Card charges, immigration fees, and bookstore charges.
- All other charges are not eligible and need to be paid by their corresponding due dates, this includes NDSU Rent charges, and International Student Health Insurance.
- Aid received after the Financial Aid Disbursement date will be applied to the account and may change installment amounts.
- Students who have been cancelled from a payment plan in the past or who have a student account balance more than 30 days past due may be denied enrollment in the payment plan.
- Payment reminders will be emailed approximately seven days after the due date. Electronic statements are also available online though Campus Connection.
- There is a 2 day grace period from the 13th before any registration holds are applied to the account
- Installment amounts can be viewed on Campus Connection by going to the Student Financials tile.
- Payment plan balances more than 30 days past due will result in the immediate cancellation of the payment plan. Upon cancellation, the remaining balance is due immediately, and the monthly late payment fee of 1.75% will be applied to all charges more than 30 days past due.
- Notifications regarding the payment plan will be sent to the student's NDSU email account, please be sure to check your NDSU email account on a regular basis. Notifications will NOT be sent to parents or Authorized Users.
Ways to Pay and Check Your Account Balance
Installment and Down Payment Options
Check payments can be mailed to:
Customer Account Services
NDSU Dept. 3110
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Cash or check payments can be made in person at One Stop located in the Memorial Union.
Electronic check payments or VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card payments may be processed online via Campus Connection. Note: Our online card processor charges a 2.85% ($3.00 minimum) fee on all credit card payments, electronic check transactions are free.
Inquiries on Account Balances
If you have already registered for courses and/or have contracted for campus housing and/or a meal plan you can utilize your Campus Connection account to view your charges. To access this information go to Campus Connection >Student Center>Account Inquiry>Activity.
For information on costs not yet posted on your Campus Connection account, a good resource is the Tuition and Fee Breakdown listed here www.ndsu.edu/onestop/accounts. This link has information on almost any charge that could be applied to your student account.
In order for NDSU to communicate any financial information to a Third Party (including parents), the student must submit a signed FERPA release form to NDSU's Office of Registration and Records. The form can be obtained online at: www.ndsu.edu/registrar/forms/ferparelease.
Notifications regarding the payment plan will be sent to the student's NDSU email account, please be sure to check your NDSU email account on a regular basis. Notifications will NOT be sent to parents or Authorized Users.
Remember additional eligible charges often occur after initial enrollment in the payment plan. These charges will increase subsequent monthly payment amounts. You can review your Campus Connection account (Campus Connection>Campus Finances>Account Inquiry) for details about your monthly installment amounts.
For questions please contact the NDSU Customer Account Services Office at 701-231-8782.
Enrollment for the Payment Plan is now closed for Fall Semester. Spring Semester enrollment is to open approximately December 15th.