Appealing Student Charges
Students in compliance with policy set by the State Board of Higher Education and NDSU, who wish to appeal tuition and fee charges due to extenuating circumstances, may do so by completing the Tuition & Fee Appeal form.
By submitting a tuition/fee appeal, please keep the considerations outlined below in mind
- Students are responsible for complying with all University dates and deadlines as well as drop and/or withdrawal procedures. Exceptions to these policies are granted only if extenuating circumstances existed which cause the student to be unable to meet the policy requirements.
- Errors in judgement regarding personal schedules, academic ability, or finances are not cause for appeal.
- Non-attendance does not alleviate a student of their financial responsibility.
- Medical and/or mental health emergencies are cause for appeal, however, pre-existing conditions are not eligible.
- Supporting documentation will be required on virtually all appeals.
- Classes in which the student is still enrolled or that have been assigned a grade are not eligible for appeal.
Additional, more detailed criteria may be found within the appeal form.
- Appeal of NDSU Tuition Form *(required NDUS login)
This form may also be used when appealing late payment fees. This form should not be used when appealing academic regulations, expressing concerns regarding instruction methods, or disputing parking citations.
Appeals must be submitted within sixty days of the conclusion of the semester. Requests received after the deadline are not eligible for a full waiver. Late payment fees incurred as a result of the delayed submission are the responsibility of the student.
Please contact the Customer Account Services department with questions regarding tuition/fee appeals.