Tuition Model Implementation Fall 2018
NDSU is implementing a new tuition model Fall 2018, in accordance with principles established by the State Board of Higher Education. Implementation of this new tuition model will be revenue neutral to NDSU.
Tuition Model Components
- Tuition will be billed per credit with a cap at 13 credits. The change in the tuition rate cap to 13 credits will provide additional incentive for taking an extra class, to be full-time for tuition purposes. This tuition rate structure will promote lower time-to-degree completion.
- The 13-credit cap will be utilized for fall, spring and summer terms
- The graduate part-time rate will be equal to 110% of the under graduate part-time rate.
- All remaining program fees will be eliminated and blended into tuition.
- All course fees will be eliminated and blended into tuition, with the exception of fees that have high costs or individual instructor time. Examples include Equine Fees, Field Trips / Study trips within the U.S., Study Abroad charges, Music lessons and Aviation fees.
- The course fee for Business graduate courses will be eliminated and differential tuition will be established for MBA graduate students. Note: This component is not revenue neutral to NDSU as an increased differential rate was approved to accompany an overhauled MBA program.
- Tuition for online classes will be integrated and billed as part of the 13-credit capped tuition within residency categories. This does not include tuition through the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GPIDEA).
- Math 98 tuition and Intensice English Language tuition will be integrated and billed as part of the 13-credit capped tuition within residency categories.
- Tuition will be charged within residency categories as follows:
Residency Rates Current Ratio New Ratio Average # of Undergrad Students
1.00 1.00 4,588 MN - undergraduate * 1.12 1.12 5,056 MN - graduate * 1.27 1.27 Contiguous ** & Alumni Dependent 1.50 1.20 143 WICHE/MHEC 1.5 1.5 428 US NonResidents 2.67 1.5 75 International Students 2.67 1.75
* Subject to the MN Reciprocity Agreement ** Contiguous States & Provinces: Montana,South Dakota,Manitoba, Saskatchewan
- Waivers awarded in the U.S. NonResident and International Student categories will reduce because of charging reduced tuition rates.
Tuition Rate Affect
Current Disclosed Tuition Rate - Fall 2017
Average additional program & course fees paid
Average additional online tuition paid by FT students
Total average tuition and fees paid
New Recalculated Integrated Tuition Rate - Fall 2017
Change in tuition rate after integration of fees and online tuition
% Change from disclosed tuition rate
Under Construction - Please visit this page at a future date for answers to frequently asked questions regarding the new tuition model.
Please direct all inquiries regarding the new tuition model to email@example.com.