Financial Aid Application Process
Below you will find the financial aid application process at North Dakota State University.
Apply for Federal Financial Aid - Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- To be considered for federal financial aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need to enter the North Dakota State University school code, which is 002997, so your information will be sent to NDSU. The priority funding deadline date for 2017-2018 is February 1, 2017. If needed, use online resources for information regarding help filling out the FAFSA and other information.
- The federal processor determines your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) based on the information you provide on the FAFSA. The Expected Family Contribution is a measure of your family's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. Your families taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits are all considered in the formula. Also considered are your family size and the number of family members who will attend college during the year.
Note: Your Expected Family Contribution is NOT the amount of money your family will have to pay for college NOR is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used by your school to calculate the amount of federal student aid you are eligible to receive.
Review Your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- You will receive an email with your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor regarding the status of your FAFSA. The federal processor will electronically transmit your FAFSA information to NDSU as long as you have listed the NDSU school code of 002997 on your FAFSA.
- Review your Student Aid Report for accuracy. If correct, no action is required. If incorrect, your information can be viewed and updated on online.
Receive Your Financial Aid Award from NDSU
- For incoming freshmen, a Financial Aid Award Notice will be mailed to your home address and will be available on your Campus Connection account in mid-March. For returning students, an award notice notification will be emailed to your NDSU email account and available on your Campus Connection account by mid-June.
- Go online to Campus Connection to accept/decline/change your award. For instructions on how to accept/decline/change your award click accept/decline/change your award.
- If you are selected for verification, additional information will be requested by email to your NDSU email account. You will also see the items requested on your To-Do List in Campus Connection. It is imperative that regularly check your NDSU email and Campus Connection account. More information on verification.