Financial Aid Next Steps
Make sure to review all of the areas listed below in order to avoid delays with your financial aid. Click on each step for detailed instructions.
1. Accept, Decline, or Change Your Aid
- Log in to Campus Connection.
- Enter your User ID and Password in the Campus Connection Sign In area.
- If you do not know your User ID or Password, call the NDUS Help Desk at 1-866-457-6387, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- From the Student Center page, click "Accept/Decline Awards" under the "Financial Aid" section.
NOTE - You are NOT able to except private loans, scholarships, and waivers on Campus Connection.
- Click the appropriate year in the "Aid Year" column on the left side of the screen.
- 2018 - for enrollment periods 7/1/17 - 6/30/18
- Summer 2018 - Use the 2018 award year for summer enrollment from 5/15/18 - 8/3/18
- 2019 - for enrollment periods 7/1/18 - 6/30/19
- 2018 - for enrollment periods 7/1/17 - 6/30/18
- Read and respond to the Funds Authorization statement.
- Accept your awards by checking the “Accept” box for each award (or clicking the “Accept All” button). Please note some types of aid may already be accepted on your behalf.
- Click the “Submit” button
- When prompted, click “Yes” to save. If prompted, click “OK” to confirm.
2. Report Scholarships and Other Aid
To notify Financial Aid and Scholarships of any scholarships or awards that are not reflected on your Award Package:
- Click on “Contact FA” link on the bottom of the Award Package page.
- Select "Report aid from other sources" from the Request Type menu.
- Include the following information:
- Scholarship Donor Name
- Semester the scholarship is to be applied to - fall, spring or summer
- Additional information which may be helpful when processing your scholarship
- Click the “Save” button.
NOTE - If you have multiple scholarships and can not fit all of the information in the space provided; complete the process again until all scholarship information is reported.
3. Submit Scholarship Checks
If your scholarship donor sends a check directly to you, mail the check to:
NDSU Dept. 2836
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Make sure to include the student's name and student ID number with the check. To ensure the scholarship check is applied to your NDSU account before the fall semester payment due date, please mail checks by July 1st.
4. Complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling (if accepting a federal loan)
If you are accepting a Federal Direct Subsidized or Federal Direct Unsubsidized for the first time, you will need to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling. More information on completing the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling can be found at www.ndsu.edu/onestop/finaid/loans/mpn/
5. Complete To Do List Items and Resolve Holds
Check your Campus Connection Student Center periodically to view any Holds or To Do List items. If you have been selected for Verification (a process to ensure information submitted on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is accurate), all items you must complete will be listed on your Campus Connection To Do List. Items on your To Do List must be completed to prevent your aid from being delayed.
6. Apply for a Private Student Loan (if applicable)
If federal financial aid does not cover all of your costs to attend NDSU, you may want to consider borrowing a private student loan. Private student loans are non-federal, interest-bearing loans through private lenders. Approval is not guaranteed and the student usually requires a co-signer with good credit. There are a variety of private student loans available and it's up to the student and co-signer to choose the one that is right for them.
For more information on private loans and to determine the maximum amount a student can apply for, visit www.ndsu.edu/onestop/finaid/loans/altloans/
7. Consider Completing the FERPA Release Form
The Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student records. Without a completed FERPA form, parents no longer have access to their student’s financial or academic records. FERPA goes into effect once the student registers for classes. Student’s financial and academic records cannot be discussed with third parties (including parents) unless the student has provided consent by submitting a FERPA release form online. The form can be found at www.ndsu.edu/registrar/records/ferpa
Other Important Information
- Check your Campus Connection Student Center periodically to view any Holds or To Do List items. You can view your Holds and To Do List on the right sidebar of your Student Center in Campus Connection.
- Monitor the Finances section of your Student Center in Campus Connection for any charges due or changes to your financial aid.
Reminder: Customer Account Services does NOT send out paper statements. You are required to monitor your account balance through Campus Connection.
- If you have any questions regarding your financial aid, please contact One Stop by email One Stop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at 1-866-924-8969 or locally at 701-231-6200.