Financial Aid Next Steps
Make sure to review all of the areas listed below in order to avoid delays with your financial aid. Click on each step for detailed instructions.
1. Accept, Decline, or Change Your Aid
- Log in to Campus Connection.
- Enter your User ID and Password in the Campus Connection Sign In area.
- If you do not know your User ID or Password, call the NDUS Help Desk at 1-866-457-6387, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- From the Student Center page, click "Accept/Decline Awards" under the "Financial Aid" section. You may accept, decline, and/or reduce all awards, except private loans, scholarships, and waivers.
- Click the appropriate year in the "Aid Year" column on the left side of the screen.
- 2017- for enrollment periods between 7/1/16 - 6/30/17
- 2018 - for enrollment periods 7/1/17 - 6/30/18
- Read and respond to the Funds Authorization statement.
- Accept your awards by checking the “Accept” box for each award (or clicking the “Accept All” button). Please note some types of aid may already be accepted on your behalf.
- Click the “Submit” button
- When prompted, click “Yes” to save. If prompted, click “OK” to confirm.
2. Report Scholarships and Other Aid
To notify Financial Aid and Scholarships of any scholarships or awards that are not reflected on your Award Package:
- Click on “Contact FA” link on the bottom of the Award Package page.
- Select "Report aid from other sources" from the Request Type menu and provide the amount, scholarship donor and any additional information which may be helpful when processing your scholarship.
- Click the “Save” button.
3. Complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling (if accepting a federal loan)
If you are accepting a Federal Direct Subsidized, Federal Direct Unsubsidized or Federal Perkins Loan for the first time, you will need to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling. The Federal Direct Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized) and the Federal Perkins Loan each require their own Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan counseling; remember to complete both if you are accepting both types of loans. More information on completing the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling can be found at www.ndsu.edu/onestop/finaid/loans/mpn/
4. Complete To-Do List Items and Resolve Holds
Check your Campus Connection Student Center periodically to view any Holds or To Do List items. If you have been selected for Verification (a process to ensure information submitted on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is accurate), all items you must complete will be listed on your Campus Connection To Do List. Items on your To Do List must be completed to prevent your aid from being delayed.
5. Apply for a Private Student Loan (if applicable)
If federal financial aid does not cover all of your costs to attend NDSU, you may want to consider borrowing a private student loan. Private student loans are non-federal, interest-bearing loans through private lenders. Approval is not guaranteed and the student usually requires a co-signer with good credit. There are a variety of private student loans available and it's up to the student and co-signer to choose the one that is right for them.
FASTChoice is an online comparison tool customized for NDSU and designed to assist you in choosing the private student loan that best meets your needs. Please keep in mind that not all lenders are listed on FASTChoice. For more information on private loans and to access the FASTChoice tool visit www.ndsu.edu/onestop/finaid/loans/altloans/
Other Important Information
- Check your Campus Connection Student Center periodically to view any Holds or To Do List items. You can view your Holds and To Do List on the right sidebar of your Student Center in Campus Connection.
- Monitor the Finances section of your Student Center in Campus Connection to check for any charges due or changes to your financial aid.
Reminder: Customer Account Services does NOT send out paper statements. You are required to monitor your account balance through Campus Connection.
- If you have any questions regarding your financial aid, please contact One Stop by email One Stop at email@example.com or call toll free at 1-866-924-8969 or locally at 701-231-6200.