Federal Work-Study Employer Information
Thank you for your interest in supporting NDSU students by providing part-time employment opportunities for eligible students. The Federal Work-Study Program provides part-time jobs for students with wages at or above federal minimum wage. These jobs can be either on-campus or off-campus with an approved agency. By employing students, you provide opportunities for them to earn money to meet their educational and personal expenses while attending school. It is money students do not need to pay back!
To be considered for work-study funds, students must have completed a current-year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), be enrolled in a minimum of six credits and maintain Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Students are awarded work-study funding based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
We will work closely with you to ensure the work-study experience is beneficial to both you and your student worker.
Employer Information (On Campus, Off Campus and America Reads)
Important Links for Employers (On-Campus, Off-Campus and America Reads
Create (or revise) a Work-Study job posting:
NDSU Part-Time Student Job Board
Request a Work-Study Authorization form:
NDSU Work-Study Request Form
Request an Increase to an existing Work-Study Award:
Work-Study Increase Request Form
Forms and Payroll Resources
- 2016-2017 Hourly Report Form
- 2016-2017 Salary Tracking Sheet
- Monthly Payroll Calendar
- Onboarding New Staff Employees
Employer Resources - Other
- Employer Information Session (Power Point)
- Employer Resource and Training Manual
- Funding Numbers (Combo Codes and Project Numbers)
- Federal Work-Study Program Resources
- Student Employment Research Articles: Midwest Assn. of Student Employment Administrators (MASEA)