Best Practices for Scholarship Administration
- NDSU Financial Aid and Scholarships should be notified of all scholarship awards by the end of June each year.
- Selecting scholarship recipients by the end of May each year ensures the greatest positive impact to students by lowering student debt and requiring fewer mid-year financial aid adjustments.
- NDSU Financial Aid and Scholarships recommends that all scholarship checks from external donors are made payable to NDSU and sent to NDSU One Stop by the end of June each year.
- University policy requires that any scholarship to students must be paid through the NDSU Financial Aid and Scholarships.
New External Scholarships
If you are interested in offering an external scholarship for NDSU students please contact Michelle Marks in Financial Aid and Scholarships by phone at 701-231-8427 or email.
For new scholarship donors who wish to have their scholarship opportunities listed on the NDSU AcademicWorks External Scholarship Page, NDSU will require the following information:
- Link to donor's marketing policy relating to non-scholarship communications to students
- List of other institutions where donor has scholarship opportunities listed
- Link to scholarships and recipients awarded in previous years
- Start and end date for scholarship opportunity you want listed
Please send scholarship checks along with the donor address and a contact phone number to One Stop at the address listed below. Please provide the students full name, student ID number if known and/or other additional identifying information such as home address, birth date, etc. with the check.
North Dakota State University
NDSU Dept. 2836
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Some donors require additional documentation, such as transcripts, fee invoices, etc. before sending a scholarship check. Below, please find information of how these items can be obtained:
Official transcripts must be provided to you by the student, not the Office of Student Financial Services. Students may request transcripts from the Registration and Records Office.
Fee Invoice or Enrollment Verification
We recommend the student prints and sends you their online fee invoice or enrollment summary to verify their hours of enrollment, costs, etc. It can be found through their Campus Connection account.