Universal design in course creation is about good course design and considering all potential students regardless of age or ability.
Ensuring as many students as possible are able to access course material means creating your course in such a way that any individual can use the information provided. Universal design is also an excellent way for students of all abilities to use varying methods of learning to their advantage so they can succeed in your course.
Here is a list of resources for designing your course with students of all abilities in mind.
Websites and Webpages
- Creating Accessible Content
- Universal Design for Instruction
- Reserving Textbooks and Materials
- Promoting Student Success
- Use of Video to Supplement Course Instruction
- Miscellaneous Teaching Tips
- Universal Design at a Glance (plus more resources)
- YuJa Auto Captioning and Making Edits