Spring Semester 2021 course materials orders are due November 1st. Also, please remember the law requires the NDSU Bookstore to list course materials required (and if none are required) for every single class offered on campus. The NDSU Bookstore seeks 100% compliance and needs your assistance.
The NDSU Bookstore asks for your adoption information about six weeks before the prior term ends, because...
- It gives them time to search for used books on the national market and makes it possible for them to pay up to 10% more than the market price to students for texts that have been readopted.
- It gives them time to review all the orders to ensure they fully understand which materials faculty want and to ensure they can properly identify the ISBN and publisher or other source.
- It gives them time to communicate with you if there are problems, such as titles being out-of-stock, out-of-print or available in a new edition that you didn’t specify.
Textbook ordering cycle simplified:
- Course materials are selected.
- Adoption information is submitted to the bookstore.
- Bookstore researches availability.
- Bookstore determines quantities and acquires inventory.
- Books arrive and new term begins.
- Unsold books are returned to vendors after midterms.
- And the cycle begins again…
If you have questions about ordering course materials for your class, do not hesitate to contact the NDSU Bookstore.