Purchase Bulk Amount of One Day Permits
When a department would like to request a bulk amount of permits to hold within their office and use at their leisure for guests coming to campus, one day or temporary permits can be requested by using the One Day Permit Order Form, to which the department will receive an IDB. One day permits are $2.00 each and temporary permits are $2.00 a day.
One day and temporary permits can be requested for all pay lots on the NDSU campus, including Memorial Union (MU) lot, T2 lot, Visitor's lot, and the Wellness Center (WE) lot. In addition to the 4 pay lots, departments can purchase one day and temporary permits for BH Visitor, KH, RF, RH, RP, and SGC parking lots. To view all the valid lots for guests, please view the NDSU Parking Map.
Additionally, the NDSU Parking Office now offers the option for departments to make a bulk visitor permit request using the NDSU Parking Portal. This option can be used if the department is holding a large event on-campus and they would like an email option instead of mailing or handing out paper one day permits. The department will now be able to make the request online and once approved, the department will receive a purchase link to send to all attendees via email. These permits will then be purchased online (at no charge) by each guest and the department making the request will receive an IDB for the charge of each permit requested. Departments will be charged the same fee, $2.00 each for the number of permits requested.
Steps for completing a bulk permit request online:
(NOTE - Steps below are for first time department online requests. If your department has previously made a request, please continue to the NDSU Parking Portal with your department login email address and password. Login using GUEST LOGIN.)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your department name, a valid email address you would like used for department permit purchases and that you would like to place a Bulk Visitor Permit Request.
- The NDSU Parking Office will update the required information within your department account and inform you to proceed with request.
- You will then visit the NDSU Parking Portal, type in the associated email address and click Submit. You will be sent a link to create new password.
- Click on the link and create a new password.
- Once a new password is created, click on Guest Login and sign in using the associated department email address and your new password.
- You will now be directed to the NDSU Parking Portal through your department account.
- Click on Bulk Visitor Permit Requests and proceed with your request.
- Once the request is completed and approved, you will receive the link via email to send to attendees.
- The attendees will then click on the lick, create a guest account and will then see the option to purchase the free one day permit for the event date.
Please note, "Parking Needed Date" is the event date and this date will appear on every one day permit printed online by guests.