Challey School of Music Faculty/Staff Openings
Assistant/Associate Professor: Woodwinds
Applied Woodwinds and Music Education. Due to a late resignation, this position may be offered as a one-year full-time appointment or a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professorship, depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
The NDSU Challey School of Music offers bachelor’s degrees in music education, performance, and liberal studies; master’s degrees in music education, performance, and conducting; and D.M.A. degrees in performance and conducting.
Duties will include teaching applied woodwinds, coaching chamber ensembles, performing with faculty ensembles; contributing to the Music Education area in instruction and program development; maintaining an active and successful performance and/or research/creative agenda; recruiting for the woodwind studio and instrumental area, as well as other typical faculty service activities.
There may be performance opportunities with the Fargo-Moorhead Symphony and the Fargo-Moorhead Opera orchestra.
Salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and nature of the position (tenure-track or one-year appointment).
Department of Theatre Faculty/Staff Openings
There are no music faculty/staff openings at this time.
Division Staff Openings
Plan and execute promotion and publicity for the recruiting, programs and events at the NDSU Division of Performing Arts including the Challey School of Music, Department of Theatre Arts, and the performance facilities.
- BA/BS in Public Relations, English, Communications or related and relevant field
- Facility/expertise with production media—print, broadcast, and electronic
- Experience working in an office setting
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in public relations
- Writing experience
- Experience in website development/maintenance
- Expertise in graphic design
- Experience in a performing arts discipline or in performing arts promotion
NDSU is an Equal Opportunity Institution. Women and traditionally under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
Listing of NDSU Positions
Employment with the Division of Performing Arts is handled by the University's human resources department. Position descriptions and application procedures can be accessed by visiting Employment Opportunities.