Main-stage Productions Auditions
All students, regardless of major, are invited to audition for Theatre NDSU and newfangled theatre company productions.
For a perusal script, please contact Jess Jung.
Sign-up for an audition in the Bijou lobby, located between the Student Lounge and Walsh Studio Theatre in Askanase Hall. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your audition time.
Please bring the completed information sheet (pdf) to your audition, along with a copy of your class schedule.
- Please prepare (memorize) a song and scene from your choice of three characters. Click here for selections.
- Click here for audition song accompaniment
For both shows:
- Please fill out an Auditions Information sheet. These are available on the website, in the Theatre Office Askanase 107 and will be available the night of the auditions from the stage manager.
- Sign up for time slot will be posted in the Bijou Information Hub in Askanase. Do not leave slots open; sign up for the earliest slot available, if you leave an hour in between there may not be anyone there when you arrive.
- Please arrive at the theatre and be read to go at least 20 inutes ahead of your audition time.
- Please bring your upcoming class schedule so you can fill out any conflicts you may have.
- If you have a headshot and a resume, please bring one for each director.
- If you are not an NDSU Theatre major and are interested in auditioning but you are not sure if you can or how to prepare for the audition, please sign up and come anyway. We welcome participants from the Tri-College and all majors. Theatre NDSU has an open audition policy.