Scholarship Auditions and Interviews
"Can I earn a scholarship?"
If you are planning on coming to NDSU as a Theatre major, there are two possible ways you could earn scholarships! One is through the university system for an academic scholarship and the other is by auditioning/interviewing in the theatre department and being awarded a scholarship for your major.
1. Apply for NDSU Scholarships
2. Theatre Departmental Scholarships
Complete an online scholarship form.
A number of scholarships in theatre arts are available for students with either a performance or a technical emphasis:
- Jim and Sonja Ozbun Scholarship for Fine Arts
- Alfred G. Arvold Scholarship for Theatre Arts
- Frederick G. Walsh Talent Grant
- Arthur C. and Vera Johnson Talent Grant
- Margaret Richardson Lyddon Award
- Circle of Players Theatre Scholarship
- Donald E. Larew Theatre Scholarship
- Bison Arts Scholarship for Fine Arts
- Peggy Gaynor Theatre Scholarship
Factors determining the awarding of the scholarships:
- Financial need
- Seriousness of intent
- Scholastic record
"How do I schedule an audition/interview?"
To schedule an audition or interview, contact the Theatre Office at 701.231.8725 or email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Auditions or interviews are not finalized until your scholarship application has been submitted.
"What should I bring to my audition/interview?"
You will need to bring the following:
- A copy of your High School Transcript
- A resume with programs or work sample if applicable
- At least one letter of recommendation
"When Can I Come Audition/Interview for a Theatre Scholarship?"
We schedule scholarship auditions on Fridays throughout the year as faculty time is available. This can be done by contacting the Theatre Office at 701-231-8725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to take the next step? Click here!