Scholarship Auditions and Interviews
"Can I earn a scholarship?"
If you are planning on coming to NDSU as a Theatre major, there are two possible ways you could earn scholarships! One is through the university system for an academic scholarship and the other is by auditioning/interviewing in the theatre department and being awarded a scholarship for your major.
1. Apply for NDSU Scholarships
2. Theatre Departmental Scholarships
Complete an online scholarship form.
A number of scholarships in theatre arts are available for students with either a performance or a technical emphasis:
- Jim and Sonja Ozbun Scholarship for Fine Arts
- Alfred G. Arvold Scholarship for Theatre Arts
- Frederick G. Walsh Talent Grant
- Arthur C. and Vera Johnson Talent Grant
- Margaret Richardson Lyddon Award
- Circle of Players Theatre Scholarship
- Donald E. Larew Theatre Scholarship
- Bison Arts Scholarship for Fine Arts
- Peggy Gaynor Theatre Scholarship
Factors determining the awarding of the scholarships:
- Financial need
- Seriousness of intent
- Scholastic record
"How do I schedule an audition/interview?"
To schedule an audition or interview, contact the Theatre Office at 701.231.8725 or email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Auditions or interviews are not finalized until your scholarship application has been submitted.
"What should I bring to my audition/interview?"
You will need to bring the following:
- A copy of your High School Transcript
- A resume with programs or work sample if applicable
- At least one letter of recommendation
"When Can I Come Audition/Interview for a Theatre Scholarship?"
1. We currently have two formal opportunities for freshmen or transfer students to audition/interview for a scholarship.
- Friday, October 30, 2015
- Friday, February 26, 2016
This date aligns with our matinee performance of our first show in October and our High School Drama Day in February, where we host high school students from the region as they actively participate in theatrical workshops taught by our faculty in both technical and performance areas followed by the opportunity to see one of our mainstage productions that evening as our guest. We always welcome high school students to join us at our High School Drama Days on their scholarship audition day! It really gives prospective scholarship students a chance to get to know our faculty, students, and facilities.
2. We are also able to schedule scholarship auditions on Fridays throughout the year as faculty time is available. This can be done by contacting the Theatre Office at 701-231-8725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"What happens during Scholarship Day?"
Scholarship Day Schedule* (October 30, 2015)
|11:00 AM - 1:00 PM||Scholarship Portion: Informational Meeting, Rehearsals, Auditions/Interviews
|12:30 - 4:00 PM||Faculty-led Workshops|
|4:00 PM||Pre-Show Production Talk|
Ready to take the next step? Click here!