Nomination deadline is August 28, 2018.
The 2018-2019 Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Lectureship will take place on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 in the Plains Room, MU at 7 pm.
Professor Joel Caton, Animal Sciences was chosen to give this year's Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Lecture. He presented his lecture, Does What Mom Eats Matter? on Tuesday November 28, 2017 at 7:00 pm in the Plains Room, Memorial Union.
You can view his lecture here.
NDSU is proud to partner with the NDSU Chapter of Phi Kappa Phi to offer the Fall NDSU Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Lectureship Award to share in Phi Kappa Phi’s mission: "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
To nominate a faculty member for this award, submit a nomination letter (of no more than two pages) addressing the criteria, and three-page CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for Evaluating Nominees:
The NDSU Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Lectureship shall be awarded to those individuals whose outstanding, high impact research, scholarship, or creative activity consistently supports NDSU'S top tier research status and who have a proven ability to effectively present their research to a broad community in the land grant tradition. More specifically, all winners of the NDSU Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Lectureship must:
1. Have a proven ability to effectively and dynamically communicate their research to an intelligent listener,
2. Be passionate about communicating what they do to others so that the latter can appreciate the beauty of the research and know its ramifications on others, and
3. Not be a member of the NDSU Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Lectureship selection committee.
1. Membership in Phi Kappa Phi.
The lecture shall:
1. Be held in the Fall semester,
2. Consist of a professional presentation on the NDSU Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Lectureship winner’s research presented to a broad segment of the community, and
3. Have a period that allows for questions or other interaction with audience members.