RFLP and Genetic Screening
PCR Analysis of the Cystic Fibrosis Gene
Linked DNA Markers
Molecular Markers WWW Links
Copyright © 1997. Phillip McClean
- Describe the steps necessary for a restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) study.
- Explain the statement that each RFLP is unique to a specific enzyme/probe combination
- How was PCR technology applied to the clinical analysis of cystic fibrosis?
- What is the relationship between Mendel's second law of genetics (law of independent assortment) and linked DNA marker analysis?
- If you read the statement that "a marker will diagnose a gene with 99% accuracy", what does that mean to you in terms of genetic linkage?