Jessica Striker's Homepage
I am an Assistant Professor at North Dakota State University. My research is in combinatorics at the intersection of algebra, geometry, dynamics, and statistical physics. I am especially
interested in alternating
sign matrices, plane partitions, and other combinatorial objects which relate to integrable models of statistical physics.
I graduated with my PhD in 2008 from the University
of Minnesota and wrote my thesis under the direction of Dennis Stanton.
- Office: Minard 406C
- Office Phone: 701-231-6958
- Email: jessica 'dot' striker 'at' ndsu.edu
- Office Hours: Monday 1-2, Tuesday 9-10, Wednesday 1:30-2:30.
- URL: http://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~striker
Enumerative, dynamical, algebraic, geometric, and bijective combinatorics; integrable
models of statistical physics
- On flow polytopes, order polytopes, and certain faces of the alternating sign matrix polytope, preprint (2015).
- Permutation totally symmetric self-complementary plane partitions, submitted (2015).
- The toggle group, homomesy, and the Razumov-Stroganov correspondence, published in the Electronic
Journal of Combinatorics (2015).
- The paper I presented at FPSAC'13: A direct
bijection between permutations and a subclass of totally symmetric
self-complementary plane partitions.
- Joint work with Nathan Williams,
presented at FPSAC'12: Promotion and rowmotion,
published in the European Journal of Combinatorics (2012).
- A direct bijection between descending plane partitions with no special parts and permutation matrices, published in
Discrete Mathematics (2011).
- The paper I
presented at FPSAC'09:
The poset perspective on alternating
The extended version of this paper, A unifying
poset perpective on alternating sign matrices, plane partitions, Catalan
objects, tournaments, and tableaux, published in Advances in
Applied Mathematics (2011).
The paper I presented at FPSAC'07: The
alternating sign matrix polytope, published in the Electronic
Journal of Combinatorics (2009).
- My PhD thesis:
Poset and polytope perspectives on alternating sign
At the University of Minnesota:
- Fall 2015: MATH 436/636 Combinatorics
- Fall 2014:
- MATH 836 Discrete Mathematics
- MATH 491 Capstone Seminar
- MATH 266 Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations
- Spring 2014: MATH 436/636 Combinatorics
- Fall 2013: MATH 266 Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations
At Augsburg College:
- Spring 2013: MATH 4281 Introduction to Modern Algebra
- Fall 2012: MATH 2374 CSE Multivariable Calculus and Vector Analysis
- Fall 2011: MATH 1151 Precalculus II
At Macalester College:
- 2010: MAT 146 Calculus II
At the University of Minnesota:
- 2009: MATH 137 Single Variable Calculus
- Spring 2009:
Lecturer for MATH 1031
College Algebra and Probability
- Spring 2009: Lecturer for MATH 1155 Intensive
- Fall 2008: Lecturer for MATH 1151 Precalculus II
- Spring 2008: MATH 1031 College Algebra and Probability
- Fall 2007: Lecturer for MATH 1051 Precalculus I
- Fall 2006: MATH 2373 IT Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- Spring 2006: MATH 1372 IT Calculus II
- Fall 2005: MATH 2374 IT Multivariable Calculus and Vector Analysis
- Spring 2005: MATH 1372 IT Calculus II
- Fall 2004: MATH 1371 IT Calculus I
- Spring 2004: MATH 1031 College Algebra and Probability
- Fall 2003: MATH 1031 College Algebra and Probability
- Spring 2001: MATH 1142 Short Calculus
Recent Combinatorics papers on the Arxiv
North Dakota State University
NDSU Mathematics Department
Last Modified August 28, 2015
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by North Dakota State University.