This policy is currently in the update and revision process.
- Policy 713
- Section 713: Records Retention
ND Century Code
The North Dakota Century Code contains several sections relevant to records management.
- NDCC 54-46 Records Management
- This chapter defines a state record and the process to be used to manage records.
- NDCC 44-04-18 Access to public records - Electronically stored information
- This section (it starts on page 4 of chapter 44-04) deals with open records, confidential information, etc. Definitions are in section 17.1.
- NDCC 12.1-11-05 Tampering with public records
- This section (page 2) of the Criminal Code establishes penalties for tampering with public records
- NDCC 55-02.1-05 Depositories of archival resources
- This section provides for agreements between the state historical society and state universities to serve as regional depositories (e.g., the NDSU archives).
ND Open Records Manual
This manual provides a review of existing case laws, state statutes, Attorney General opinions, and administrative rules regarding open records and meetings.