2018 information session on the new records disposal reporting process for Unit Records Coordinators
There is a new records disposal reporting process for URCs, developed and implemented in order to comply with new North Dakota IT Department requirements. We will begin using the new process on July 19, 2018.
An information session will be offered on two occasions, to demonstrate this process, along with resources and processes that are relatively new for our campus community:
- Tuesday, July 17, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Memorial Union Badlands Room
- Please bring your NDSU ID card – instead of using sign-up sheets, we’ll scan IDs to record attendance
- Wednesday, July 18, 2 – 3 p.m.
- Memorial Union Badlands Room and remote attendance
- If you attend in person, please bring your NDSU ID card – instead of using sign-up sheets, we’ll scan IDs to record attendance
- A virtual information session customized for Extension Service URCs will be scheduled during the summer; however, Extension Service URCs are most welcome to also participate in one of the July sessions, as desired.
- Connection information for remote attendance:
IVN Room: Dial 1673209
Computer: https://join.nd.gov/1673209(Chrome recommended)
Phone: 701 328 7950, collaboration code: 693657#
If you'd like to test your connection prior to July 18, please let us know.
A virtual information session customized for Extension Service URCs will be scheduled during the summer; however, Extension Service URCs are most welcome to also participate in one of the July sessions, as desired.
Questions may be directed to NDSU.RecordsManagement@ndsu.edu
Electronic Records Management
Annual training for Unit Records Coordinators
Annual training is required of all Unit Records Coordinators (URCs).
The training curriculum and quiz are available at https://community.ndus.edu/course/view.php?id=380
Completion of this training will certify URCs for the current fiscal year (July 1 – June 30)
To complete the training:
1. Review the Records Management Training curriculum
2. Complete, with a grade of 100%, the Records Management URC annual training quiz
3. Optional: if your department requires that you retain proof of your training, you may view and either print or save electronically the certificate showing your completed training
Records Management Curriculum for the General Campus
To inform and assist the campus community on NDSU’s Records Management program and best practices, a curriculum is available at ndsu.edu/recordsmanagement/Training/RM_Training.pdf. An additional learning resource is the Records Management quiz.
Review of the curriculum and completion of the quiz are not required, but the knowledge will be helpful in the management of university records.
Questions are welcome and may be directed to NDSU.RecordsManagement@ndsu.edu .