FINAL EXAMINATION SCHEDULE
- Dead Week allows for only one exam or quiz to be given, per course, during the last two weeks of the semester (prorated accordingly for variable length courses), which includes finals week. Exceptions include summer classes, self-paced/correspondence courses, make-up exams, courses in which a laboratory is incorporated with a lecture, one-credit courses, block-taught courses, approval of students enrolled in a course, and quizzes that account for less than 5% of the students’ overall grade. If a professor gives an exam during the last week of classes, he/she is expected to make some instructional use of the final examination time. The Dead Week policy is available at www.ndsu.edu/registrar/dates/deadweek/.
- No student shall be obligated to take more than three (3) final examinations on the same calendar day. In the event that a student has four (4) or more final examinations on the same calendar day, the student shall notify the instructor(s) from the highest numbered course(s) no later than two weeks before the last day of class to schedule a make-up examination to be administered at a mutually acceptable time.
- Final exam times for downtown classes beginning on the half hour will be the same as main campus classes beginning at the previous full hour (e.g. 8:30 a.m. downtown = 8:00 a.m. on main campus).
- NOTE: Classes scheduled MW, MTuWF, MWThF, MF, or WF are to follow the MWF exam times.
- Classes offered at non-standard class meeting times do not have designated final examination periods. Instructors are to make arrangements to administer examinations at times that are not disruptive to students' existing schedule of final exams. Classes scheduled during summer terms typically have final examinations scheduled on the last regular meeting day/time.
Determine the day and time of the final exam by finding the regular class meeting time in the table below.
|8:00 a.m.||MWF 2:00 PM||T TH 11:00 AM||MWF 10:00 AM||MWF 11:00 AM||MWF 9:00 AM|
|10:30 a.m.||MWF 4:00 PM||T TH 3:30 PM||T TH 12:30 PM||MWF 3:00 PM||MWF 8:00 AM|
|1:00 p.m.||T TH 09:30 AM||T TH 2:00 PM||MWF 1:00 PM||T TH 8:00 AM|
|3:30 p.m.||All sections of:|
All sections of:
|All sections of:|
|MWF 12:00 PM|
NOTE: Classes scheduled MW, MTuWF, MWThF, MF, or WF are to follow the MWF exam times.