Content | Navigation |

Academic Advisement Report

The Academic Advisement Report (Automated Degree Audit) is a tool available to students and advisers to track degree progress. In essence, this tool replaces the paper curriculum guide and allows the student and adviser to see degree progress at any time during the student’s academic career. It is interactive and also allows the student to plan for and register for upcoming semesters within the advisement report.

At this time, the reports will generate for major and minor programs of study. Please note that second majors may not populate correctly (this is being investigated).

For help navigating through your academic advisement report:

Frequently Asked Questions

One of the courses is missing from the academic advisement report or is not counted as meeting the specific requirement?

If a course is missing from the report it is best to first review the section labeled “unused courses” to determine if the course is being identified on the report but is just not used in meeting an identified requirement. Exceptions might occur throughout a student’s career due to waivers or substitutions of courses. If this is the case, please submit a Substitution/Waiver Form, with the assistance of your department adviser and chairperson, to the Registration and Records college liaison. If there seems to be an error in the report, please contact your college liaison.

Can the academic advisement report tell me if the student is eligible to graduate?

Academic advisement reports can help you monitor progress towards degree completion, however, it is not a guarantee of graduation. Official status of degree certification is made by the college liaison in the office of registration and records.

What if the wrong program of study is populating in the academic advisement report?

If the academic advisement report is populating the wrong program of study, the student has not officially changed their major and/or minor with the Office of Registration and Records. The student must fill out and submit a Major Change Form

The requirements for the program have changed and the academic advisement report is showing the old requirements?

According to academic policy (see list item 2), a student’s catalog year is based on the term the student was admitted to NDSU or officially declared a new major. If the requirements of the major have changed and the student would like to follow the new requirements, contact the college liaison to change the catalog year.

Why isn’t the academic advisement report available for some programs, minors, certificates, or graduate degrees?

Due to their dual-campus nature, reports for the Elementary Education (Valley City State) and Social Work (Minot State) programs will not be built at this time. Staff is still working on developing reports for certificates and double majors. There is no plan to build reports for graduate requirements.

Student Focused. Land Grant. Research University.

Follow NDSU
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
  • Google Maps

Office of Registration and Records
Phone: +1 (701) 231-7981 / Toll Free: +1 (800) 608-6378 / Fax: (701) 231-8959
Campus address: Ceres Hall 110
Physical/delivery address: 1301 Administration Ave., Fargo, ND 58102
Mailing address: NDSU Dept. 2831 / P.O. Box 6050 / Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Page manager: Office of Registration and Records

Last Updated: Monday, June 15, 2015 9:53:56 AM