Residency & Tuition Reciprocity
Tuition rates are based on the student's state of residence. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they are billed the correct tuition rate each term and to take prompt action if updates are necessary. Retroactive corrections are not granted. Students should check Campus Connection to verify that they are billed the correct tuition rate.
To verify your tuition rate within Campus Connection
Student Center > Finances > Account Summary > Select NDSU and current term (check the Base Tuition line item under Charges)
- ND Resident = resident of the state of North Dakota for tuition purposes
- MN Resident = resident of the state of Minnesota that has been granted tuition reciprocity (i.e. a lower rate negotiated between MN and ND)
- MSEP = resident of Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, or Wisconsin.
- Note: Minnesota residents that have not been granted reciprocity by the MNOHE will be charged this rate, which is higher than the MN Resident rate. Instructions regarding how to apply for MN reciprocity may be found here: https://www.ndsu.edu/registrar/records/residency/reciprocity/.
- Contiguous = residents of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Montana, South Dakota
- WUE or WRPG = residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Norther Marianas Islands
- Non-Resident = residents of any states and/or countries not included in any of the tuition categories listed above