The NDSU Summer Undergraduate Biomedical Research Program is organized by the NDSU Office for Research and Creative Activity and is funded through the National Institutes of Health INBRE program. This summer research program is intended to provide a coordinated, educational and dynamic research experience that will encourage interest in biomedical-related undergraduate research. Participating students will conduct research independently and receive weekly mentoring by project faculty mentors or project leaders, while attending workshops, trainings, and other activities organized by the RCA office.
Participating students will receive:
- Wages of $15 per hour (up to 40 hours/week). Students are expected to work 40 hours per week.
- For students that have to temporarily relocate to Fargo for this 10-week program, housing will be provided on the NDSU campus at the Mathew Living Learning Center.
- Funds (up to $500) to purchase consumable research materials.
- Cost of travel to and from Fargo may also be available based upon financial need.
- Participants will have the unique opportunity to work in a collaborative research environment with highly talented scientific mentors. More details for each research project are available on the application page.
- Faculty-Led Seminars: Faculty and researchers involved in this program will present various research topics and discuss future opportunities.
- Workshops and Seminars: Short workshops and seminars covering industry, research, and graduate school skills.
- Networking & Social Activities: Multiple activities in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
- End-of-Program Poster Symposium: At the end of the 10 weeks, students will have the opportunity to formally present their research experiences at a poster symposium to other students and researchers, faculty mentors, and the public.
- For additional information, contact: Dr. Ying Huang (email@example.com) 701-231-7651.
For any questions related to this program, please contact the RCA Faculty Fellow on Undergraduate Research, Dr. Ying Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org).