Content | Navigation |

Candidates to interview for Research Integrity and Compliance Director at NDSU

The Search Committee for the Director, Research Integrity and Compliance has selected the following candidates for on-campus interviews.  Please join us during their presentations, “A Vision for a Research Integrity and Compliance Program at Research Universities.”

Ms. Heather Gipson-Cosier - Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 2:00pm-3:00pm, Room of Nations in the Memorial Union.  

Dr. Neil Dyer – Thursday, August 3, 2017, 1:00pm-2:00pm, Hidatsa Room in the Memorial Union.  

NEW!!! Working with Controlled Substances in Research

The DEA requires individuals handling controlled substances to be registered with the DEA.  There are several registration categories depending on what type of work will be done using the controlled substances. 

Research Integrity and Compliance Functions

  • Provide administrative support and subject matter expertise for the faculty, staff and public representatives serving on NDSU’s ethical and regulatory review boards (i.e., IRB, IACUC, & IBC);
  • Provide administrative support and subject matter expertise for the faculty and staff serving on University research oversight committees (e.g., Conflict of Interest);
  • Provide and document regulatory reviews as needed (e.g., COI, Export Control, regulatory exemption);
  • Provide veterinary support and subject matter expertise for faculty and staff responsible for the care and use of University animals;
  • Provide educational support and subject matter expertise for colleges, departments (or Vice Presidents, as applicable) developing training plans and content regarding the responsible conduct of research;
  • Provide subject matter expertise regarding Federal and State statutory and regulatory requirements for conducting research by reviewing policies and recommending policy additions or updates as needed to support research integrity and compliance;
  • Support University quality assurance needs by monitoring research and related activities for compliance;
  • Support University quality improvement needs through ongoing evaluation of compliance related policies and procedures to ensure they are as streamlined and efficient as possible.

Student Focused. Land Grant. Research University.

Follow NDSU
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
  • Google Maps

Phone: 701.231.8045
Physical/delivery address:  1735 NDSU Research Park Drive/Fargo, ND 58102
Mailing address:  P.O. Box 6050—Dept. 4000/Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Page manager: RCA

Last Updated: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 12:25:05 PM
Privacy Statement