Fargo, N.D. – The North Dakota Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research awarded five Graduate Student Research Assistantship awards totaling nearly $175,000 and ranging from 12 to 24 months.
Awardees, alma maters and areas of graduate studies at NDSU are:
- Christine Gilbertson, Valley City State University, chemistry and biochemistry
- Jessica Halvorson, Valley City State University, plant pathology
- Audra Stonefish, Sitting Bull College, entomology
- Joshua Sweet, Minot State University, computer science
- Dallas Brown, NDSU and ND EPSCoR NATURE participant, civil engineering
The Graduate Student Research Assistantship awards provide North Dakota University System baccalaureate universities and tribal colleges/NATURE program graduates an opportunity to obtain master’s degrees or doctorates in science, engineering and mathematics at North Dakota’s two large research universities, NDSU and UND.
North Dakota EPSCoR is a federally and state funded program designed to improve the ability of university researchers to compete more effectively for federal, regional and private research grants in the sciences, engineering and mathematics.
For more information on the Graduate Student Research Assistantship awards program, visit www.ndepscor.nodak.edu/programs.