The Research Operations team is focused on supporting an extensive set of state-of-the-art tools and labs located in the NDSU Research and Technology Park. The tools are available for use by NDSU faculty, staff, and students to support their research activity and for laboratory sessions as part of academic lab courses. The capabilities are also available to external academic and industry users.
The equipment sets are functionally organized in the following focus areas. The tools operate as a university recharge center with rates assigned for use of the equipment.
- Materials Research Laboratory (Synthesis and Processing)
- Materials Characterization and Analysis Laboratory
- Microfabrication Laboratory
- Device Packaging Laboratory
- Device Testing Laboratory
- Reliability and Failure Analysis Laboratory
In addition, a Bioactive Materials Characterization facility is operated under Research Operations to collaborate with researchers on characterization and analysis of coatings and materials for a variety of applications. High-throughput screening (HTS) workflows have been developed to rapidly evaluate coatings for biomedical, environmental and marine applications.