Save the Date: The 2020 NDSU EXPLORE Showcase will be Wednesday, April 22
This annual event brings together students from all disciplines to present their research and creative work in posters, oral presentations, or in other formats.
Learn more below, or visit the NDSU EXPLORE Archives to see projects from past years.
NDSU EXPLORE is a program to encourage and celebrate the scholarly accomplishments of NDSU undergraduate students. Whether majoring in the sciences, engineering, business, arts or humanities – all undergraduate students are encouraged to participate in research and creative activity to enrich their academic experience.
The NDSU EXPLORE program is administered by the Office of Research Development and advised by a committee comprised of faculty from each academic college. Feedback and ideas for further development of the program are welcome. For questions and comments about the NDSU EXPLORE program, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Undergraduate Research
- Increases student grade point averages and greater student retention
- Assists in pathways to graduate study opportunities
- Greater satisfaction with undergraduate experience
- Enhanced leadership and communication skills
- Greater understanding of science
- Growth in creative thinking ability
- Builds a community of scholars
- Aids in student recruitment
- Provides fresh approaches to research problems
- Builds skills employers seek such as problem-solving, innovation, communication, critical thinking, analytical reasoning and collaboration
Early Career Investigator Lectures
Watch these videocast lectures by early career investigators who are working on the cutting edge of science. Speakers give a 30-minute talk about their research to an audience of undergraduate students, followed by a 30 minute question-and-answer session, where speakers answer career-focused questions. Access Videocasts
Annual NDSU EXPLORE Undergraduate Research Showcase
One of the most meaningful aspects of participating in undergraduate research is the opportunity to display your project to an audience. A number of NDSU departments hold their own annual undergraduate showcase events. See information on some of these events.
Each year, NDSU EXPLORE hosts a campus-wide event to showcase students' research and creativity. This is an opportunity not to be missed! Students present their creative projects in whatever format is appropriate for their work, whether in a poster, oral presentation, video, table display, or other formats. Projects need not be finished; they can be in-progress.
Benefits of NDSU EXPLORE Event to Participants
- Share research or creative work with the wider NDSU community
- Meet others involved in one’s field
- Gain experience presenting research or creative work
- Meet students from other fields
- Learn skills that could help jump start one’s future career
For information about past EXPLORE showcase events, see NDSU EXPLORE Archives.
NDSU Student Scholar Stories
NDSU is a member of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) which encourages and supports undergraduate research through networking, by offering resources on their website, and by sponsoring national conferences for students, faculty and administrators.