The Research Data Working Group (RDWG) is a committee of representatives from the NDSU Libraries, Information Technology Division, and the Research and Creative Activity Division. The group has been tasked with developing resources and tools to assist NDSU faculty and researchers with data management planning as well as to help identify data management needs for campus research activity.
Research Data Census 2016
In April 2016 the RDWG distributed a Qualtrics survey to NDSU faculty and staff. The purpose was to learn about data management practices at NDSU and to help determine potential current and future needs of the research community. As new federal regulations and policies emerge around data management practices (open access and open data), we feel it important to engage our research community in this dialogue.
The goals of the effort were to learn more about the following issues regarding research at NDSU:
- The volume of research data sets (and average file size) typically in use by researchers across campus at any given time,
- Data sharing and access behaviors,
- Issues and support services needed to ensure research data, results and related published findings are curated and prepared for storage with appropriately identified access rights,
- The role that local and wide area technology networks play in supporting timely, efficient and secure transfer of research data both during and after an active research initiative,
- Specific services and tools provided by Research and Creative Activity, Libraries and Information Technology that support NDSU research activities, addressing data needs throughout the research lifecycle.
Phone: (701) 231-9522
Research Data Working Group Members
|Sheri Anderson||Associate Vice President, Research and Creative Activityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kim Owen||Program Manager, Information Technologyemail@example.com|
|Amy Reese||Systems & Emerging Tech Librarianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|CeCe Rohwedder||Assistant to the VP Information Technology||CeCe.Rohwedder@ndsu.edu|