LGBTQ and Ally Roommate Matching Information
As a partnership between the Department of Residence Life and the LGBTQ Programs office, NDSU is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students who live on campus. As part of this commitment, we offer this opportunity to allow students to request being matched to live with a roommate who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, or an ally (LGBTQA). An ally is defined as someone who identifies as straight and wants to be supportive of those who identify as LGBTQ.
Before completing this form, consider the following:
- To be considered for a roommate match, you must have already submitted your NDSU Room + Meal Plan License Agreement application.
- Completing this form does not guarantee a positive living experience, but may help provide an environment that is friendly to your gender and sexual identity.
- Your request will be processed by the staff from the LGBTQ Programs office; they will make appropriate recommendations to the Department of Residence Life.
- Depending upon the number of requests for this matching process, you may experience some wait time between submitting this form and learning of your potential roommate assignment.
- The Roommate Matching Form should be submitted by June 1 for the fall semester to allow the LGBTQ Programs office time to find a student who matches your housing selections.
- After June 1, you can still fill out the Roommate Matching Form, but we will then use the form to help facilitate a Room Change Request.
- This confidential form will be submitted to the LGBTQ Program office staff. If you have questions about the process or the status of your request, contact NDSU.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you already know who you would like as a roommate you do not need to go through this roommate matching process. Requests for a specific roommate must be mutual and both requests should be received by January 1 for priority consideration.