LGBTQ and Ally Roommate Matching Information
As a partnership between the Department of Residence Life and the LGBTQ Programs office, NDSU is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students who live on campus. As part of this commitment, we offer this opportunity for students to request being matched to live with a roommate who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, or an ally (LGBTQA). An ally is defined as someone who identifies as straight and wants to be supportive of those who identify as LGBTQ.
Before completing this form, consider the following:
- To be considered for a roommate match, you must have already submitted your NDSU Room + Meal Plan License Agreement application.
- Completing this form does not guarantee a positive living experience, but may help provide an environment that is friendly to your gender and sexual identity.
- Your request will be processed by the staff from the LGBTQ Programs office; they will make appropriate recommendations to the Department of Residence Life.
- Depending upon the number of requests for this matching process, you may experience some wait time between submitting this form and learning of your potential roommate assignment.
- The Roommate Matching Form should be submitted by June 1 for the fall semester to allow the LGBTQ Programs office time to find a student who matches your housing selections.
- After June 1, you can still fill out the Roommate Matching Form, but the form will then be utilized to help facilitate a Room Change Request.
- This confidential form will be submitted to the LGBTQ Program office staff. If you have questions about the process or the status of your request, contact NDSU.email@example.com.
Note: If you already know who you would like as a roommate you do not need to go through this roommate matching process. Requests for a specific roommate must be mutual and both requests should be received by January 1 for priority consideration.