The Department of Residence Life is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students who live on campus. The LGBTQ & Ally Roommate Matching process has been established for students who would like to room with someone who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, or is an ally (LGBTQA).
"The LGBTQA matching process really helped alleviate the fears I had of my roommate not accepting me for who I am," Ana.
"There were many things I found helpful and positive about the signup process. There was a box to click if you don't want your parents to know you are using that specific service. For me personally, this gave me some peace of mind because my parents are not accepting. Another thing that gave me peace of mind coming into NDSU was knowing my roommate wouldn't treat me differently because of my sexual orientation. ... Knowing there was this service for me to use helped give me some peace of mind." Ben
Before completing this form, consider the following:
- This process utilizes My College Roommie to finalize roommate matches whenever possible.
- The content in this form is confidential. Information provided in this form will be utilized to make a match with another participant in the program.
- The Roommate Matching Form should be submitted by March 1 for the earliest possible matches.
- Forms/requests received after March 1 will be matched on a case-by-case basis.
- Outreach will be made through your preferred method of communication after submission of your form.
- LGBTQIA+ Roommate Matching is optional and serves as a tool to assist in the roommate matching process. Students may opt out at any time. Please communicate if you no longer need to be matched.
Note: If you already know who you would like as a roommate you do not need to go through this roommate matching process.
Carol Jergenson, Assistant Director of Residential Education
Carol.Jergenson@ndsu.edu | (701) 231-5603