- Use My College Roomie to find your roommate: After you have completed your housing application, an invitation will be sent to your NDSU email address, asking you to create a profile in My College Roomie.(Please note: Your ability to log into MCR will not be active until the invitation email is sent – typically one or two business days after completion of your housing application).
- Match up with someone you know: Simply log into MCR, complete a profile, answer some questions, then request to match up with your preferred roommate.
- Match up with someone new: Log into MCR, create a profile, and complete a questionnaire. After that, you will be able to look at other student’s profiles and see your percentage of compatibility. Then, you can send messages to any or all of your suggested matches to connect further. Finally, you can request each other as roommates.
Need help or want to check it out before you jump in? Visit the My College Roomie support/solutions page to find a ton of videos on how the program works, how to get started, and more! If you still have questions, submit a help ticket.
- LGBTQ and Ally Roommate Matching: Residence Life is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all students who live on campus. The LGBTQA Roommate Matching process has been established for students who identify as LGBTQ and for those who are allies.
- Room assignment by Residence Life: Are you cool with whomever ends up in your room? No problem! Just sit back and relax. Residence Life will pair you with a roommate and you will be notified on Campus Connection after an assignment has been made.
NDSU Residence Life does not automatically assign roommates to apartment tenants, as is done in the residence halls. Instead, we provide My College Roomie to help you determine your best fit!
My College Roomie is an online platform that allows you to find the most compatible roommate for you! Think of it like match.com, but for a college roomie!
The process is simple. You login, create a profile, and complete a questionnaire. After that, you will be able to look at other profiles and see your percentage of compatibility. For example, maybe you will be 78% compatible with Jill, 83% compatible with Jane, and 96% compatible with Joy. At that point, you can send messages to any or all of your matches to connect further or to request someone as your roommate!
How to Participate
Complete the Apartment Roommate Matching Form below. Within 3-5 business days you will receive an email to your ndsu email account that will invite you to the program, provide directions, and offer links for help/support.