First-year students with majors in the College of Business have a unique opportunity to participate in a learning community currently located in our high rise complex. Students have the opportunity to meet and network with fellow business students as well as with faculty and staff throughout the college. Students participating in this community gain experiences and insight into the business world, leadership skills, and networking.
"Incoming students should choose to participate in a Learning Community because it is a great way to meet others in your own field of study. This creates relationships that can help you in the future, either in college or possibly in your future profession."
“My favorite thing about living in the Business Learning Community is having my floor mates in all my classes! I believe that incoming students should get involved in the learning communities because they are fun and help you make a lot of friends that will stick with you through your college years!”
- Amy, Management Information Systems
What’s Happening in the Business Community:
- Course Participation: COMM 110: Fundamentals of Public Speaking (Spring, 3 credits)
- LAUNCH Program in August
- Connect and network with faculty across the college
- Connections with local businesses
- Academic Advisor information session in the hall
- Service-learning opportunities
- Monthly social activities hosted by peers in the community
How To Apply:
Students in this community must be majoring in an area within the College of Business which includes:
- Business Administration
- Management Information Systems
Students wishing to participate in this community should complete the Business Learning Community Agreement.This agreement is upheld by all members of the community. Students are placed in the community on a first come, first serve basis.